Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

10 goals in 22 start for us this season is quite impressive, especially considering his sporadic involvement.

Is he any good though and will he ever be a consistent starter?

if we stick with the system we played today he'd be nailed on to start when fi, don't think he'd ever be good enough as a sole striker though

When a team gives us space to run into, Vardy is the man.
When the opposition pack the defence, I think Nacho is the man.

I don't think Nacho's qualities allow him to play as a lone striker, but he is excellent at bringing others into play and worked really well with Vardy and Perez around him today. He is great at pass and move, and pulls defenders all over at times. As long as there is someone around him to play off or exploit the space he is looking good.

Go back a year and I remember him coming on as a sub and the crowd literally laughing at a nacho attempted header which went completely in the wrong direction.

This season he has been brilliant. Dangerous, skillful and scoring. Long may it continue.

He's okay. Will he ever be a class act of a striker? No. He's got some lovely touches some of the time but at others he looks clumsy. He is a good fit for us at the moment and he has done what we have asked of him most of the time this season. We can't ask for more than that. He was excellent today, the best I've seen him play for us. Do I think we should hang on to him? Yes. But I think there are better options available to us for a bit of cash. Would I take someone like Danny Ings over him? Every day of the week.

He's okay. Will he ever be a class act of a striker? No. He's got some lovely touches some of the time but at others he looks clumsy. He is a good fit for us at the moment and he has done what we have asked of him most of the time this season. We can't ask for more than that. He was excellent today, the best I've seen him play for us. Do I think we should hang on to him? Yes. But I think there are better options available to us for a bit of cash. Would I take someone like Danny Ings over him? Every day of the week.
When he is as old as Ings is now he will be loads better.

Go back a year and I remember him coming on as a sub and the crowd literally laughing at a nacho attempted header which went completely in the wrong direction....

Just goes to show how shot his confidence was, now he's got it back he looks a completely different player. I'm really happy we have him.

I expected him to improve since the lock down as the absence of a crowd must surely put less pressure on the lad .

He's done particularly well in the cups this season. However, he is also on a goal or assist every 97 minutes in the Premier League. That is the best we've got.

That compares to our next best Vardy at one every 103 mins, 134 mins for Barnes and 156 mins for Perez.

Maddison is on one every 292 mins. Tielemans one every 270 mins.

He's done particularly well in the cups this season. However, he is also on a goal or assist every 97 minutes in the Premier League. That is the best we've got.

That compares to our next best Vardy at one every 103 mins, 134 mins for Barnes and 156 mins for Perez.

I’d be willing to bet that those stats wouldn’t look half as impressive had he started as many games as Vardy, Maddison etc...

Are they correct as that has Barnes at a goal every game and a half, Perez and better than 1 every other game and Tielemans at better than 1 goal every 3 games???

They certainly should be stats to be moaning at.....

...... if they were correct.

EDIT - bollocks to the assists, its goals that count! And yes, I am a bit of a tard!

Are they correct as that has Barnes at a goal every game and a half, Perez and better than 1 every other game and Tielemans at better than 1 goal every 3 games???

They certainly should be stats to be moaning at.....

...... if they were correct.
Suggest reading it again.

well if he kept the same ratio he’d be getting sold to Madrid for about 150 million. So, yes you are probably right.

I think Nacho can be a 20 goal a season striker.
That's kind of my point. These types of stats don't really show us anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263