Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

For a long time I thought he was a waste of money. What does anyone else think? Was he worth the £25 million?

For a long time I thought he was a waste of money. What does anyone else think? Was he worth the £25 million?

As someone to replace/play instead of Vardy he wasn't the right guy. Playing alongside Vardy? Different gravy.

I think Iheanachos finishing is very high level. His other attributes (hold up, work rate) are confidence related. I imagine if we switched to this way of playing long term and always had him and Vardy up top with Maddison behind then he would score a hatful. Barnes could equally play alongside him in that formation.
Sounds like he wants to stay and fight (who would turn down a big chance of champs league football) and on this form I don't see many who would want him not too stay.

He needs to prove he can maintain his current standards, but he is proving that the ability is in there.

When he starts and plays up front with another player, his record is as good as all but the very best strikers in the PL.

He is sometimes clumsy, sometimes wasteful, but he has an ability that is criminally underrated by many fans.

I have supported him despite his lean spells - as I am currently doing with Vardy - because it happens to all forwards.

Overall, his record when on the pitch is very, very good as a second striker. There are few better.

He has a PL goal every 120 mins this season. His total PL average is one every 173 mins. With so much time coming off the bench, and not taking penalties, that's a solid record.

With Vardy he looks different gravy. Without Vardy he looks different species. Sometimes doesn't know where his own body parts are, sometimes has the finish of a Prime Alan Shearer. Sometimes has the first touch of Junior Lewis, sometimes has the second touch of Denis Bergkamp.

I give up trying to work him out. Today, I love him.

He's been very good lately.

BN is absolutely right about him as a starter. Unfortunately we bought him as a sub, where he doesn't make an impact, but he's good when starting.

I'd say he's good as a starter not only alongside Vardy, but can play instead of him too. And he's getting better.

Don't forget a lot of the time we've seen Nacho start, it's been cup games where we've also heavily rotated. Or we put him in a direct replacement for Vardy and he's isolated and we expect him do Vardy's job.

Hes a very different player - he needs other attacking players in and around him. His best play is in quick possession attacking football. I think he will only do better if/when he replaces Vardy long term (not saying that should come soon) and our tactics are setup with him in mind.

With Maddison, Barnes and a goalscoring right winger, he'd be an exciting part of that attack. I think...

Unfortunately it's currently very hard to get him, Vardy, Barnes and Maddison in though

Exactly.

I don't know why you are so down on him all the time. Constantly telling us how shit he is.

You'll never learn.

I wonder who posted the following . . . I've only picked comments since Xmas. There are hundreds more.

Iheanacho was still the same clown of a player as he had been since the day we bought him.

Iheanacho once again but he is an absolute joke of a player

attempting a one-two with Iheanacho only for Iheanacho to show that he doesn't quite understand what a one-two is.

he is a markedly better replacement up front than Iheanacho, who struggles to identify his own feet.

Iheanacho doesn't know what a pass or, come to think of it, a ball, are

Playing Iheanacho is madness

how ****ing stupid it is to play Iheanacho for 70 odd minutes even though he couldn't find his own balls with two hands

Relying on Iheanacho for anything other than comedy is ****ing obscene

It was utter, utter lunacy to start with Iheanacho

We have the useless Iheanacho on

Iheanacho is a terrible, terrible striker

playing Iheanacho up front is like having food in the fridge and eating dog shit from the garden.

Iheanacho has never, ever been 'excellent' or "superb' for any length of time

Iheanacho has shown time and time and time again that he is woefully inadequate. Post as many stats as you like but he has been a joke of a player

I know nothing about stats and stuff and form completely shite opinions all on my lonesome.

I'm dead chuffed for Nacho today (a 9.8 rating on the dead chuffed scale) and hope it means he gets more game time and proves further his worth. I reckon one has to credit Vardy with some of this, and indeed BR for training ground work. We've not had a striker combo for a while (that works) and it was good to see the pair of them working together so effectively.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves, they were rubbish. That said, more power to Nacho and my genuine praise for him today, I take nothing away from his performance.

I hope I'm saying the same after his next performance.

Compared to the thirty million spent on Slimani I think the twenty five million for Nacho looks a bargain.

Picked this up from the BBC website earlier from a couple of Man City fans:

"Iheanacho has scored a goal every 137 minutes in the past 2 seasons, while Jesus has scored one every 150 minutes (in a better team)"

Interesting stat.

Compared to the thirty million spent on Slimani I think the twenty five million for Nacho looks a bargain.

Picked this up from the BBC website earlier from a couple of Man City fans:

"Iheanacho has scored a goal every 137 minutes in the past 2 seasons, while Jesus has scored one every 150 minutes (in a better team)"

Interesting stat.
Man City fans don’t rate Jesus at all.

I'm ecstatic for him. I just wish he could have gotten a fourth. Hope he bags a couple against Man U next weekend!

Oh you've set that up so well. Gotta be the best straight man line ever on this forum. The 'funny men' will be lining up.

I'm at the pun unload equivalent of the vinegar strokes here.....trying to hold back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757