Kelechi Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who posted the following . . . I've only picked comments since Xmas. There are hundreds more.

Iheanacho was still the same clown of a player as he had been since the day we bought him.

Iheanacho once again but he is an absolute joke of a player

attempting a one-two with Iheanacho only for Iheanacho to show that he doesn't quite understand what a one-two is.

he is a markedly better replacement up front than Iheanacho, who struggles to identify his own feet.

Iheanacho doesn't know what a pass or, come to think of it, a ball, are

Playing Iheanacho is madness

how ****ing stupid it is to play Iheanacho for 70 odd minutes even though he couldn't find his own balls with two hands

Relying on Iheanacho for anything other than comedy is ****ing obscene

It was utter, utter lunacy to start with Iheanacho

We have the useless Iheanacho on

Iheanacho is a terrible, terrible striker

playing Iheanacho up front is like having food in the fridge and eating dog shit from the garden.

Iheanacho has never, ever been 'excellent' or "superb' for any length of time

Iheanacho has shown time and time and time again that he is woefully inadequate. Post as many stats as you like but he has been a joke of a player
That was kind of my point......
...... whooooooooosssshhhhhhhhhhh.

In all fairness, I don't think I would change any of those posts. Some of his performances have been worse than laughable. Let's not pretend he's been a superstar since we signed him. At times, he's looked like a shitter version of Ali Dia.

In all fairness, I don't think I would change any of those posts. Some of his performances have been worse than laughable. Let's not pretend he's been a superstar since we signed him. At times, he's looked like a shitter version of Ali Dia.
I suspect you’re forgetting just how shit Ali Dia was

I've not been far behind you popillius popillius in my criticism of Kelechi. Indeed, I'm not at all sure that some of those quotes aren't mine. I've certainly said similar.

In the past, he's put in performances that have made me wonder if he even knows how to play. His touch, control, timing, runs... near embarrassing.

That all said, I have no problem in saying he was deserved motm today. He was in short excellent. And I really hope we saw more of it.

I suspect there are a number of people that'd do just the same; be critical one week and then idolise the next.

I've not been far behind you popillius popillius in my criticism of Kelechi. Indeed, I'm not at all sure that some of those quotes aren't mine. I've certainly said similar.

In the past, he's put in performances that have made me wonder if he even knows how to play. His touch, control, timing, runs... near embarrassing.

That all said, I have no problem in saying he was deserved motm today. He was in short excellent. And I really hope we saw more of it.

I suspect there are a number of people that'd do just the same; be critical one week and then idolise the next.
Spot on. Football is fluid and so are performances. Do I think he is a great player? No. Was he great today? Absolutely.

I've always seen a good player in there, yes he can be frustrating at times but he's still a relatively inexperienced players in terms of minutes played so bound to make the odd mistake but his scoring record is great.

Really pleased for him with the hattrick today and I've never seen I player cry of happiness so he gets my vote even more for that.

Also, he's shown some character to keep his belief after the times he would come on and our own fans would actually boo him.

Hes shown he is easily worth another contract as if we don't sign him, he certainly won't be short of options.

I think today, for the very first time, we saw Kelechi play in the format that suits him. He had players making runs and feeding him and giving him space.
He is arguably the best finisher that we have and also has the knack of being in the box when needed.
If we play as we did today and when madders and Barnes return he can score a hat full of goals.
I,m not sold on him dropping short to pick up the ball but then again it pulls the defence around making space for others.

I don't know what has changed regarding him recently but whatever it is it has been transformational. Maybe something Brendan said, a change in attitude? Either way he's electric at the minute and the partnership with Vardy is going great.

I don't know what has changed regarding him recently but whatever it is it has been transformational. Maybe something Brendan said, a change in attitude? Either way he's electric at the minute and the partnership with Vardy is going great.

Much like Perez yesterday, he's playing in his actual role.

Cheesy cannot play as a lone striker so every manager who has been making him do that for the last few years have been a contributing factor to the lads demise as a player.

BR will resort back to flogging him as a lone striker when Madders is back.

And sometimes things just click, not due to any one thing/change. Undoubtedly having a run of games, not to mention goals, helps. Ditto being played in a role that works to your strengths. It all adds to confidence.

I get the impression Kelechi is a tense and anxious sort. To see him genuinely smile is a rare thing (in fact, I didn't know he could until I saw that interview) It seems there's a lot of pressure there from somewhere, who knows if/where.

Got to say though, to see him smile as he did in that interview made me feel happier for him. I hope we get to see him smile more often.

Leicester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho's brilliant form in March has seen him named the Premier League’s EA Sports Player of the Month.

The Nigeria international scored five goals in March, including the equaliser against Brighton & Hove Albion, a stunning volley away at Burnley, which was in contention for the Budweiser Goal of the Month award, and a hat-trick in City’s 5-0 win against Sheffield United at King Power Stadium.

He was one of eight players shortlisted for the award and beat the likes of Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane, Manchester City’s Riyad Mahrez and Manchester United’s Luke Shaw to the accolade.

Iheanacho said: ‘I’m so pleased and honoured to win this award. It’s great to be recognised, but I couldn’t have done it without the support of my teammates and the manager.

‘I’m really enjoying playing at the minute and hopefully I can push on and help the team to finish as high as possible this season.’

Just shows the chasm between an exceptional man-manager coach and someone like, say Puel.

That is, not to say that CP did do some good things for us in his short tenure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757