Kent V Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox58

The loss of 3 quick wickets and it looks like another first innings struggle 74-4

rain washed out the remainder of the days play

Leics first innings batting performances remind me of Danny Blanchflower's remark when he managed Chelsea - 'I want us to equalise before the other side scores'.

131-7 with old boy Stevens taking 4-25

The tail wagged a little 186 all out, as usual the opposition showing how good the wicket is Kent 70-1 in reply

Although our first innings has been poor as usual, I actually think our bowling unit is as big a problem this season as it is just simply so inexperienced. Freckingham has done very well, but it is asking a lot for them to be sustaining spells of good bowling against players like Rob Key. Nathan Buck still seems to be lacking a knack of taking wickets too.

Although our first innings has been poor as usual, I actually think our bowling unit is as big a problem this season as it is just simply so inexperienced. Freckingham has done very well, but it is asking a lot for them to be sustaining spells of good bowling against players like Rob Key. Nathan Buck still seems to be lacking a knack of taking wickets too.

Self inflicted problem. Hoggard & Henderson clearly passed sell by dates last season were contract extended/ retained on big wages - at the end of last season thereby limiting recruitment possibilities. There cannot be a worst run first class county. In my opinion the coaching set up kills off potential talent in young seam bowlers. I don't want to particularise individuals because there has to be some collective responsibility. The problems are laid out for all to see who attend games - but nothing happens. The playing strength does not suit the four day game - and the whole set up is based on hoping things work out in the T20.

Just saw this in the Mercury. madness

Kent's two unbeaten batsmen marched off in the best conditions of the match at 6pm, leaving disgruntled supporters to bring into question the Championship's playing conditions.
While in Test matches any day's play can be extended for 30 minutes to partially make amends for rain delays, Championship rules do not allow for time lost to rain on subsequent days to be made good, despite the loss of a total of 169 overs on the opening two days at Tunbridge Wells.

Kent declared 353-3 need to bat well in the 2nd innings to avoide an embarrassing defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669