Lazzers Good/Bad Food Guide for Leicestershire

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Please continue to send your dining experiences for us all to share. Please send via PM .

Attachments

• Book1.xls
    24 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
I have had one pm only, so yes Jeff it would be better if people posted here but there is so much random shit people have to trawl through endless pages to find somewhere to eat . Which is a shame as i thinks a great way of swapping information and experiences.

Ok people post away. I think i will start a fresh guide as some of the reports are over 3 years old and places change very quickly.

Right at the city end of Narborough road there's a little kebab house near ladbrokes.

For the last few years I believe it has made the best kebabs in the world. Had a great lamb schwarma there last week.

Red Lion Sibbertoft. (Just realised this is across the border in Northamptonshire - so probably shouldn't be in this thread)

We arrived to be told that a fair few of the items on the menu were either all gone or only one left as it was towards the end of the month.

The bread basket only contained enough rolls for half of us. When we queried they said they had run out.

The fish cakes were supposed to come with a sauce - we had to ask for it and when it did come it was not as described on the menu. They apologised.

The garlic mash either contained no garlic or so little that it was impossible to tell.

Otherwise the food generally was good though. However we weren't so impressed by the cat that kept wandering between the pub and the kitchen.

Last edited:
Yo! Sushi Leicester - Usual Standard except the rolls are HUGE, at least a third bigger than any other of the YS i've been too.

Yo! Sushi Leicester - Usual Standard except the rolls are HUGE, at least a third bigger than any other of the YS i've been too.

Perhaps its a ploy to get people in, as its newly opened...

The Homemade Burger Co. at the new Highcross - Lurvely burger, a tad expensive and you have to buy chips seperate which put me off, plus you pay before you eat which always puts me off. No table service for drinks either.

Food - 8/10
Cost - 6/10
Service - 4/10

Overall - 6/10

Barceloneta - Had heard mediocre reports, but gave it a try for meself over the weekend.....thought it was quite good, certainly would go again. Pleasantly surprised.

Went to Maiyango again last weekend. Without doubt, the best nosh house in Leicester nowadays. Came up trumps once again. Highly recommended, despite it's absymal location between a taxi hut and a Subway.

First time I've ever had caviar. Bloody marvellous stuff.

Service is perfect. They also serve ad-hoc 'in between' courses that make you feel properly looked after. Cocktails and wine list are also top notch.

Already booked next visit.

Anyone sampled 'The Case' recently....???
Not been for 12 months - still ok..??

The Quarter Restaurant, Halford Street.

Good food, nicely presented. Coped well with a group of us (20). Approx £25 for 3 courses without drinks.

Red Lion- Gilmorton Sunday lunch £7.50 good food,good price, ample servings.

casa romana - not bad for a pokey little place although ive had better meals :)

also went in studio 1 in the new bit of highcross above the cinema just for a drink and its expensive!!!! 4 drinks for just under £18!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757