Leaving early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

BR has had his say.

I was in the process of leaving when we scored the winner on Sunday. It gave me the opportunity to hug complete strangers. I try to time my exit to the referees whistle.

Klopp said something about it early on at Liverpool and ended up pleading for fans to stay to the end of matches. He believes that it makes a difference and they do score a lot of late goals. Purely a coincidence?

Sometimes people have to leave early, others are always there to clap off the team. Most are somewhere in between. Will what BR says make a difference to you?

I’ve always stayed behind to applaud them off or at least watched until the final whistle. I can only think of a couple of occasions we were out of the ground before full time in the darkest days of Kelly and Levein. I was told that’s just what you do by my dad so I carry it on now. I totally get why people make a hasty exit, we sat in traffic having parked at the Cricket club for an hour after the Arsenal game just waiting to get onto Welford Road.

It looked a bit lame on Sunday with a half full ground applauding then off the pitch when the win itself had a bit of a special feeling about it. Watching Kasper leave the pitch last, pumping his fists and booing the ref off are part of the experience for me.

Genuinely can't believe people leave early at 1-1

Modern day instafans who want it all done on their schedule.

Be ready to leave but I genuinely don't get why you are there if leaving early is your thing.

Probably the same useless slobs who can't go without food for 1.5 hours so **** off for a shit burger 5 mins before half time.

It has always been this way - this is not a modern day thing

More obvious when they brought in all seater stadia, because everyone has to move to let them out and you can see the empty seats - but people used to filter out of the Kop and Main Stand in exactly the same way when I started going

That's true. But when we were thrashing about in the lower reaches of the old second division there was a lesser expectation that we would score late on to draw or even win a game.

Whereas now we are second in the top division there is every chance we could score at anytime.

I've never understood it, I've paid my money I'm going to stay to the very end by god even if it is crap.

Do you think the people that do leave 10 minutes before the end get home and celebrate wildly for missing some traffic, like I did when Nacho’s goal was given on Sunday?

Do you think the people that do leave 10 minutes before the end get home and celebrate wildly for missing some traffic, like I did when Nacho’s goal was given on Sunday?
Probably went wild like this fan did:

I've always been an early leaver. I sit in a part of the kop that takes an age to empty so I'd rather skip down to the concourse at the end of injury time to watch the last minute (there are always a lot of us there) and get away without being stuck.

I pride myself on timing my escape perfectly so as to avoid missing anything of interest. When things are meh, that suits me fine.

However, my issue is that I feel that I ought to stick around at the final whistle at the moment and applaud the team off. We're doing exceptionally well and the team deserve it.

So on Sunday, I do my usual half leaving business and then we scored. I did see it but it didn't feel right. And then I read BR asking us to stick around and that makes sense too. But if half the ground are still going to slope off, what's the point of staying?

Basically, what I'm saying is that I'll stay if everyone else does. And if the ground starts to empty tonight as the injury time begins, I'll probably be unable to stop myself from joining them.

I remember when the purpose of staying until the end was so that you got a good opportunity to boo properly!

I sit in the posh seats these days, so, given that we normally stay in the lounge to have a drink and let the crowds disperse, there’s no great rush to leave my seat before the game ends. I also like to applaud the players off, so will stay there while they’re still on the pitch.

Always stay to the end, we have seats on the end of the row and near an exit so easy enough to get out fairly quickly.

There's a couple on our row who leave on 85 mins every game as soon as the clock ticks over they're up and off.

It's something that has crept back in, I don't remember it being a big thing in the title winning season. Leo's goal against Norwich wouldn't have caused an earthquake if there'd been loads of empty seats

Basically, what I'm saying is that I'll stay if everyone else does. And if the ground starts to empty tonight as the injury time begins, I'll probably be unable to stop myself from joining them.

Or, maybe if you stayed , everyone else would :)

You could see so many seats in the north stand by the time Maddison scored last night that you could almost make out the words ‘King Power’

You could see so many seats in the north stand by the time Maddison scored last night that you could almost make out the words ‘King Power’

There were a lot of empty seats last night full stop. In particular in the family stand where lots of people just seem to not turn up for night matches - presumably due to little Mr/Miss needing to be up for school.

There were a lot of empty seats last night full stop. In particular in the family stand where lots of people just seem to not turn up for night matches - presumably due to little Mr/Miss needing to be up for school.

Steady queue of people leaving from all sides from the 85th minute onwards. I’m not moaning, I just don’t get it. Be ready to get a move on by all means but why miss nearly 10 minutes of football? Just watch it on TV if you’re that desperate to get back in your rig.

I thought of xEL would be low but it’s one of the highest in the league despite how well we’re doing.

I often wonder how many people deliberately miss the first 10 minutes of a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263