Post Match Leicester 0 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing Nora I’ve got to be at work for 7 tomorrow and you’ve got me hankering for a curry and naan now.

Thanks to covid loads more are taking credit cards. Get it ordered. I've got an early start....if anything the movements help get you out of bed.

Just spent a happy half hour de-slugging my lettuces. As they had all the speed and agility of the City players this evening, I managed to catch quite a few.

Thanks to covid loads more are taking credit cards. Get it ordered. I've got an early start....if anything the movements help get you out of bed.
No Just Eat, you’ll have to wait until Friday. I’ve already had a talking to about my attitude to food and drink during lockdown.

Negatives:

It was woeful. The performance, the ground, the attitude, the management, everything. Just about as bad as I have seen it under any previous manager and I'm including Megson and Sousa in that. The lineup never looked right on paper and it looked even worse on the pitch. At half time, to decide that no substitutions were necessary is a decision I challenge anyone to fathom. As for the players, well they were pretty much all shit apart from Evans and Schmeichel yet again. Special awards however, go to Maddison for one of the worst games if not the worst game he's probably ever had; he was appalling in every way, just as he was last time out, and if he continues to take corners we may as well just tell the rest of them to save some energy and not bother walking to the area because the ball won't beat the first ****ing man. Also to Ben, bastard Chilwell for being unable to defend, unable to pass, unable to dribble and unable to cross all game which is quite some feat. I mustn't forget Mendy either, who I have always said isn't a footballer and tonight just proved that yet again. He's messy, he panics and he can't ****ing pass a ball more than two yards or forwards.

But the worst performance of all, the real humdinger of a shitfest burger, has to go to Rogers. What the testes is he thinking? He needs to strap on a pair and just admit he got it arse about face tonight. Everything was wrong from the first to the last. Continue like that and both CL qualification and the FA cup will be a laughable dream.

Positives:
We are unbeaten this season. (I'm not even entertaining the idea of this being the same season as that which ended 3 months ago. It just isn't).
And Carl.

Of course we all see games differently, but I don't think Chilwell deserves to be singled-out. I don't remember him being caught out defensively. And from what I saw, whenever he offered width on the left there was ****-all movement ahead of him and nobody to aim at in the box.

Oh **** off, we're third.

Shit 2 games but Rodgers is still doing a good job and is building something good here.

This team lacks experience and I'm worried they may be over confident and think the job is done. But I think Rodgers has the man management skills to drill into them that there is still work to do after performances like that.

Shit performances, but let's not be idiots and overreact.
You can dress it up however you like, but 2 wins in 10 just isn’t good enough. Not even including the two cup matches against Villa.

If Rodgers has the man management skills to drill into them that there is still work to be done, how come that hasn’t happened yet?

I’m not calling for his head, but I’m finding this complete loss of form very concerning. The players look bereft of confidence and attacking ideas. His decisions today were unbelievably poor, like Claude Puel level decisions.

I’m a great believer of needing to finish a season strongly to take into next season. As I said, he has to sort it out pronto.

Of course we all see games differently, but I don't think Chilwell deserves to be singled-out. I don't remember him being caught out defensively. And from what I saw, whenever he offered width on the left there was ****-all movement ahead of him and nobody to aim at in the box.

I don't understand that either. We were shit, but Chilwell did better than most I thought.

I don't remember him being caught out defensively.
Watch the game again if you can stomach it. He was turned inside out for 90 minutes. As for crossing, had he found the penalty spot rather than a defender or the other wing then maybe we'd have got at least closer. Oh and I counted 9 separate occasions where he gave the ball away under little or no pressure. This doesn't include all of the crosses he ploughed into the foot of the closest defender. I'm sure there were more but I got fed up.

On the plus side (for me), I learnt how to spell hydrangea. Thinking about it, it was possibly the first time I've ever written the word. And now I've done it again. Twice in 2 days. Wow.

What word have you not written before (and most of you have written 'twat' several times before so I think I'm possibly safe) Let's make today 'International Write A Word You've Never Written Before' day.

Begonia.

On the plus side (for me), I learnt how to spell hydrangea. Thinking about it, it was possibly the first time I've ever written the word. And now I've done it again. Twice in 2 days. Wow.

What word have you not written before (and most of you have written 'twat' several times before so I think I'm possibly safe) Let's make today 'International Write A Word You've Never Written Before' day.

Begonia.
Lot of people can add Rodgers to that list

I've been trying to get my head around the game, around what I saw. I mean, I thought I had few expectations (or at least lessened them) because of the layoff. I've not watched any of the other post lockdown EPL games so I have no real means of guaging how poor that was/wasn't. And maybe the heat was a factor, I dunno.

But it reminded me of an occasion back in the 90s when I went to watch a preseason game, a Saturday afternoon game around Harrow (NW London) way. It was hot, a poor pitch (more like a rec ground) and a mainly youth/development squad. No one seemed worried about quality nor tactics, and I doubt a score was kept nor of concern. It was, for all intents and purposes, a kickabout - a training ground exercise. Designed perhaps only to give the legs a stretch and for some of the younger players to have a pseudo-first team squad like experience. No real intensity nor effort. I enjoyed it for what it was and felt it a worthwhile experience.

So, in short, last night baffles the f*** out of me. European place on the table, points to be won/lost but seemingly no concern for any of that. Does match practice really make that much difference? Is it lost quickly? Does a crowd really gee up the players that much. What I saw resembled more a training ground exercise than a competitive game.

I have watched a lot of the games so far, and the performance levels have been poor generally, though a number of teams have shown a desire, just let down by sharpness which is understandable.

Manchester City have shined the light though, being well prepared and professional.

We might not be alone in our poor performances but given where we are and our ambitions I expect better.

Something I noticed last night was how deathly silent both teams and benches were. The silence only punctured by the sound of one of our forward passes clattering into the shinpads of their midfielders.

Something I noticed last night was how deathly silent both teams and benches were. The silence only punctured by the sound of one of our forward passes clattering into the shinpads of their midfielders.

Thought that myself

Other games I've watched had much more vocal players and coaching staff. I feel like our team lacks any genuine vocal leaders, the midfield especially is packed full of individuals without anyone who galvanises and sets the pace.

Imagine Cambiasso in this midfield, pulling the strings and not letting Maddison believe his own hype all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757