Post Match Leicester 0 Brighton 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to get my head around the game, around what I saw. I mean, I thought I had few expectations (or at least lessened them) because of the layoff. I've not watched any of the other post ...So, in short, last night baffles the f*** out of me. European place on the table, points to be won/lost but seemingly no concern for any of that. Does match practice really make that much difference? Is it lost quickly? Does a crowd really gee up the players that much. What I saw resembled more a training ground exercise than a competitive game.

In general don't think anyone much wanted to come back to finish the season. I still think that there are players who just can't perform in a competitive game without a crowd. No excuse for players who switched off back in March being unable or unwilling to switch back on in June. Of the few players who have caught the eye so far, young players seeking to make their mark with speed to burn (Sarr for Watford, Lamptey last night) seem a better bet - something you'd have thought City have plenty of.

In the dark days of Shakey and Puel, we seemed especially short of on-field leaders (outfield ones at least). Not sure who's during the geeing up and shouting at the moment, certainly not apparent listening in to the silent stadium last night.

But we have two more points, conceded one fairly flukey goal in 180 minutes, against two teams who, for anyone who thought would be pushovers, are in the same place City were five short years ago. Up to the manager then to sort out the motivation and work out who should be playing and who, including the untouchables, really shouldn't.

Something I noticed last night was how deathly silent both teams and benches were. The silence only punctured by the sound of one of our forward passes clattering into the shinpads of their midfielders.
Absolutely spot on. It was like a morgue. I've watched the other games also without that dreadful fake crowd noise and they have been far more animated and vocal.
Our players had feck all passion or desire last night. Not one of them. Shrinking violets they are and need a good kick up the arse. The whole show was appalling. No one asked for the ball. No one communicated with their colleagues. I don't know why Chilwell gets all the abuse because Vardy was simply dreadful. We played the whole game with ten men. Mr Anonymous he was.

Absolutely spot on. It was like a morgue. I've watched the other games also without that dreadful fake crowd noise and they have been far more animated and vocal.
Our players had feck all passion or desire last night. Not one of them. Shrinking violets they are and need a good kick up the arse. The whole show was appalling. No one asked for the ball. No one communicated with their colleagues. I don't know why Chilwell gets all the abuse because Vardy was simply dreadful. We played the whole game with ten men. Mr Anonymous he was.
There was an article in the Athletic last year about Tielemans being a talker. Seems like we missed him.

The more I think about it, the more I think this match was akin to the last few Puel matches.

Ndidi and Mendy together.
Maddison on the wing.
Gray starting (thankfully not instead of Vardy this time).

Never said that.
I just don't get the love in for Cambiasso

Erm, in terms of footballing ability and the way that he ran a midfield he is by far and away the best we've had in the middle of the park.

I understand if you don't think he was solely responsible for keeping us up, i'm not saying that either. But he was a ****ing incredible player who has achieved more in his career than nearly all of our squad combined.

I'd do anything to have someone of that calibre in our midfield now

Let's make today 'International Write A Word You've Never Written Before' day
Diarrhea. Never written it before, and couldn't spell it until I looked it up just now. Also thought it apt after that shit that was served up last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757