Post Match Leicester 0 Chelsea 1 (FA cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Perez actually do today?

I don't think any of our wide players would get in any other top half team, let alone top 4.
He was our best player along with Praet. He won the ball several times and in the first half caused them countless problems going forward. More than anything however, he gave us width and shape. We are a better side with him in the team and much, much more balanced. After he went off we went incredibly narrow and that, along with Praet being taken off meant that not only were we predictable but we had nothing down that side of the pitch. Taking off Perez was a ****ing stupid decision.

BN, can you cheer me up with one of your Post Match conference diagnostics please?

I miss them.

One thing I will say about Perez is that we haven't yet (or very rarely in any case) played him as an attacking CM or striker. I would like to see him in this role but at the moment, we have so little quality in terms of wide players he simply gets shoe-horned into that position.

Season is finished now 8th place would be about right, Wolves would of been 2-0 up at half time they are going to finish 4th

BN, can you cheer me up with one of your Post Match conference diagnostics please?

I miss them.

How can I possibly satirise this? It's more cuckoo than anything I could come up with. Lampard spoke after the game far more critically about his side than BR did despite the fact that his side strolled the win.

'We deserved more than that'
FT: Leicester 0-1 Chelsea
8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: "I thought the performance was very good, much more like us in terms of tempo and speed and pressing. We know we can score goals, but in these first three games since the restart we haven't been as clinical at the top end. I was so pleased for the boys in terms of the performance. We just haven't been able to take those opportunities. We switch off for one second and they get the goal. I feel for the players because I think they deserved more than that".

Can’t get this frigging tune out of my head..... ‘We’ll score again, don’t know where, don’t know when but I know we’ll score again some sunny day.... ‘
Going nuts. I need therapy!

How can I possibly satirise this? It's more cuckoo than anything I could come up with. Lampard spoke after the game far more critically about his side than BR did despite the fact that his side strolled the win.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: "I thought the performance was very good, much more like us in terms of tempo and speed and pressing. We know we can score goals, but in these first three games since the restart we haven't been as clinical at the top end. I was so pleased for the boys in terms of the performance. We just haven't been able to take those opportunities. We switch off for one second and they get the goal. I feel for the players because I think they deserved more than that".

Holy Jebus

That is some ****ing deluded shit right there

I’m telling you now - he’s a complete twat

That is literally a Puel interview.

Reading that has tipped me over the edge. Get him out.

Hmm.

I can't even begin to imagine what in the **** it would take for him to be critical of a performance. I mean, there is taking the pressure off your players and there is pure, unadulterated delusion. Clown.

This is the problem with Rodgers for me. He's seems like one of those soft lad types. Much like Puel before him. You look at Lampard today, he wasn't afraid to pull off some players and replace them after a poor first half - even when they are young inexperienced players. Pearson and Ranieri would often stand by their players in public but were authoritative behind the scenes.

Ultimately that was the difference today, Chelsea made better from the chances they had, whereas we wasted ours big time. Lampard also had an effect on the game whereas Rodgers never seems to have a plan B if things aren't going well from the off.

Goal scoring is a real issue for us right now - who'd have thought it after equalling the record Premier League win with that 9-0.

He was our best player along with Praet. He won the ball several times and in the first half caused them countless problems going forward. More than anything however, he gave us width and shape. We are a better side with him in the team and much, much more balanced. After he went off we went incredibly narrow and that, along with Praet being taken off meant that not only were we predictable but we had nothing down that side of the pitch. Taking off Perez was a ****ing stupid decision.

I must have watched a different game then as for me, he put in a typical non existent performance and barely noticed him.

Doesn't mean I don't think he could offer us something but he is a wasted player out wide.

Replacing him with Albrighton hardly narrowed our positioning either as he practically plays along the touchline.

Completely agree on Praet though but he never plays a whole game for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757