Post Match Leicester 0 Chelsea 1 (FA cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as bad as half the posters on here are making out.

Started with much more pace and pressure. It was good to see. Chelsea we're always going to have a good spell. There a good side with lots of options from the bench.

But there are obvious flaws. Barnes was terrible today. I mean his touches in the first ten mins alone where just shocking.
Vardy was also poor. Never mind the no service, I don't think he looks fit, sharp and seems to have loss the zip from his pace.

BR getting lots of stick over pulling Praet and Perez (probably the same people who said we should play a weakened team). I completely understand this. They've both been injured, both not been able to play the first two games. Top 4 is the priority. This is good game time for them.

Fact is we should have gone big and got a top 4 class winger in January. We didn't. So have literally no one to come on and change a game.

BR needs to pull his finger out for sure. There is no plan b.

The world is going mad. Corona has shafted us all - but not as much as our government has (no more political statements i promise!) Its like some kind of alternative reality at the minute and to add to these weird times we are living in, there seems to be quite a lot of complete over-reaction to what is clearly a bad patch for Leicester. But we need to get a grip. We're 3rd in the league FFS.

These are unprecedented times which all of us have been hugely impacted by - including the players and manager. All this talk of Rodgers being not up to it and the players downing tools, something must be wrong etc is ridiculous and futile. Of course there's something wrong. This farce of a season need to be completed and then hopefully if we get some kind of normality going we can gauge whats really happening.

Just my opinion I know and most of you will probably think i'm talking shite - but that's how i see it. Stay safe people. This alternate universe will be here for a while i fear!

Okay, I hope I’m removed enough from the emotion of the immediate aftermath of the game that this comment is reasonably sensible.

Firstly, the team performance. Result notwithstanding, it was better than the previous two games. This is not an approval; the bar from the previous games was not simply low, it was buried deep underground. Hardly a difficult height to clear. The first 20 or so minutes we looked set to eat them alive. Failures of management and a lack of fluidity meant the team dissolved into a loose assembly of individuals very quickly after the drinks break brought disruption.

Now, some of the individuals need a mention. I was astonished when Barnes came out for the second half. His ball control reminded me of those tragic clips of sick calves you see on the news every time there‘s a BSE outbreak. None of the subs added a single thing to the team. Vardy was offered no means to get involved in the game by his teammates and so was completely inert.

The most baffling performance by a distance was the manager’s. Perez and Praet were the only ones who looked like putting anything together going forward and they were removed early. The team performance deteriorated by the minute and the manager spent long periods doing very little about it. There was no increase of attacking effort after going behind. The few things we tried went wrong, even the basics went out the window.

The thing that bothers me most about this set of players is not enough of them hate losing. They clearly enjoy winning, but losing seems to be an acceptable alternative for many of them. Vardy, he hates losing. Schmeichel, Evans, Morgan, Ricardo, all the old heads, the title winners, the experience. The young lads, the I’m-off-to-a-big-club-asap crew, don’t seem to give a ****. Chilwell’s grinning face as he chatted Barkley up seconds after getting booted out the cup summed it up perfectly. That attitude can piss right off.

Still, in the space of little over a year we went from coma to third in the Premier League, so what the **** do I know. I’d have got us relegated by January.

He was our best player along with Praet. He won the ball several times and in the first half caused them countless problems going forward. More than anything however, he gave us width and shape. We are a better side with him in the team and much, much more balanced. After he went off we went incredibly narrow and that, along with Praet being taken off meant that not only were we predictable but we had nothing down that side of the pitch. Taking off Perez was a ****ing stupid decision.
Sorry but you were watching a different game Perez did the square root of **** all. He is a spare prick at a wedding and has been since the thumping victory at Southampton, I agree Praet played well and should not have been substituted.
I get BR is playing a 4-3-3 so we can capitalise going forward however Perez,Barnes and Gray are totally inept, as I have stated before the only talent going forward has been Ricardo.
BR has to change things or we are up shit creek without a paddle.

The world is going mad. Corona has shafted us all - but not as much as our government has (no more political statements i promise!) Its like some kind of alternative reality at the minute and to add to these weird times we are living in, there seems to be quite a lot of complete over-reaction to what is clearly a bad patch for Leicester. But we need to get a grip. We're 3rd in the league FFS.

These are unprecedented times which all of us have been hugely impacted by - including the players and manager. All this talk of Rodgers being not up to it and the players downing tools, something must be wrong etc is ridiculous and futile. Of course there's something wrong. This farce of a season need to be completed and then hopefully if we get some kind of normality going we can gauge whats really happening.

Just my opinion I know and most of you will probably think i'm talking shite - but that's how i see it. Stay safe people. This alternate universe will be here for a while i fear!
10 points from 10 games and being dumped out of the FA cup after spurning several chances is hardly a 'bad patch'. Think about if we had started the year with 10 points from 10 games; people would, quite rightly, be calling for something urgent to be done about it. Our great start is beginning to look like a lucky run, rather than the current form looking like a bad run.

Sorry but you were watching a different game Perez did the square root of **** all. He is a spare prick at a wedding and has been since the thumping victory at Southampton, I agree Praet played well and should not have been substituted.
I get BR is playing a 4-3-3 so we can capitalise going forward however Perez,Barnes and Gray are totally inept, as I have stated before the only talent going forward has been Ricardo.
BR has to change things or we are up shit creek without a paddle.
Once again, I would suggest you watch the game back instead of relying on an opinion you made about the player after game one of seeing him. He, along with Praet, was our best player by some significant distance.

Perez would still move more than the rest of the team combined if he had a leg amputated.

I can't belive that this was supposed to be the season the club desperately wanted a cup trophy.

The desire wasn't there in the 2nd half to suggest it.

We should have been at Wembley in the League Cup and we shit our pants. We should have been well up for this and yet we shit our pants.

Not much genuine personality in this squad is there. No real desire to win something.

Perez would still move more than the rest of the team combined if he had a leg amputated.

Aye, in the first half he found space between the lines, made room for Justin, made room for Praet, drew a foul or two.... It wasn’t a mind blowing performance but it’s precisely what we’ve been lacking since the restart. Some movement, someone to move the defenders around.

I agree that Brenda has had a bit of a stinker, he’s tried to put a brave face on it but he’s dropped several bollocks recently. I do however thinks it’s a shame that we have such a crap bench. Albrighton isn’t a game changer, Gray isn’t good enough, Choudhury isn’t ready. Iheanacho can feel hard done to for not getting on the pitch today but to be honest the midfield had completely lost control by that point. He shouldn’t have taken Perez off but when he feels he needs to change it he’s got absolutely chuff all beyond Perez and Barnes. When it comes to trying to change how we play he has almost no options. When a side figures out how to play against our 433, we’re basically ****ed. I’d hope that going forward Praet is fit enough to play next to Ndidi in a 442/4411 because that’s the only way I can see us getting an extra player near Vardy.

Once again, I would suggest you watch the game back instead of relying on an opinion you made about the player after game one of seeing him. He, along with Praet, was our best player by some significant distance.
One game of seeing him? He has been poor for months, Praet was our best player by a country mile on that we agree. Perez does not work he does not tackle and he appears to be low on confidence, look at when he received the ball in the first half driving forward he cocked it up and it was a deflection from Kante that put Barnes in who yet again spooned it over the bar.
We have 3 bang average players in Barnes,Perez and Gray they are championship standard.

Barnes just seemed off it today
He struggled to control the ball from the first few seconds

One game of seeing him? He has been poor for months, Praet was our best player by a country mile on that we agree. Perez does not work he does not tackle and he appears to be low on confidence, look at when he received the ball in the first half driving forward he cocked it up and it was a deflection from Kante that put Barnes in who yet again spooned it over the bar.
We have 3 bang average players in Barnes,Perez and Gray they are championship standard.
Is that the Barnes and Perez that have scored most of our goals in 2020? Seriously, watch the games properly.

Gray is bang average ?

He’s nowhere near good enough to be bang average FFS

Sticking my head above the parapet here but I did think that Praet and Perez were our best players in the first half and it was probably the best I've seen Perez play for a while. I made a point of watching him and from the limited view you get on television his movement was very good and he did appear to track back pretty well.

I saw some criticism of Soyuncu but more than a couple of times he was given real hospital passes by Chilwell and was immediately under pressure.

Chilwell annoys the hell out of me, he can be a really excellent player when he really puts the effort in but it seems that more often than not he doesn't. The really good players put in one hundred percent all the time.

The moment was when his head was turned by Arsenal and we ended up throwing money at him to stay. Since then. he's not been the same manager and I don't think the squad are reacting to him in the same way.

It was clear to them that he fancied ditching us for Arsenal and the fact that he's now being paid more than any of the players cannot go down very well when he's demanding stuff from them in the dressing room.

PL results prior to BR signing a new contract on 7 December:
P15 W11 D2 L2 (2.3 points per game) GF 35 GA 9

PL results post BR signing a new contract on 7 December:
P14 W3 D5 L6 (1.0 points per game) GF 16 GA 21

PL results prior to BR signing a new contract on 7 December:
P15 W11 D2 L2 (2.3 points per game) GF 35 GA 9

PL results post BR signing a new contract on 7 December:
P14 W3 D5 L6 (1.0 points per game) GF 16 GA 21

Very interesting. Fluctuations in form are one thing but to go from title form to relegation form so starkly is something else.

The manages head gets turned and the likes of Vardy, Tielemans, Maddison, Chilwell, etc. go from world beaters to consistently poor overnight.

Thought it was strange that Perez & Praet were subbed as they looked the better players especially since Barnes played woeful & messed up several good chances, not sure why Albrighton came on as much as he is a good player he isn't one to change a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757