Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Bruyne has gone down (no pun intended, footballing or otherwise) in my estimation. As a footballer, he is undeniably class, but he came across as an arrogant **** in that interview. And his theatrics? No, not on.

Perez was lucky to stay on the pitch imo how long is Soyuncu out for as Amartey is scary? I think today has highlighted how short we are in certain areas.
I thought he was our best player by far. The only player who offered any imagination or attacking threat. Castagne did well too. He was also effective at tracking back.

Very meh performance - expected we wouldn't see much of that ball but I thought we might have upped it a bit more after going behind.

Youri had a stinker today but Perez was probably our best player today.

Hopefully a full weeks training and we will be better prepared for West Ham.

Not blaming him for the loss today, because we were truly ****ing awful - but that ref is nothing short of a disgrace, really

Embarrassing that a hopeless twat like him is reffing Premier League matches

If Wolves get something on Monday it will still have been a good weekend for us. Tough game out of the way and still a comfortable gap to 4th.

Not blaming him for the loss today, because we were truly ****ing awful - but that ref is nothing short of a disgrace, really

Embarrassing that a hopeless twat like him is reffing Premier League matches
Yes and their players, especially Jesus and bruyne, were shouting 'yellow' at him for every little thing. Bruyne is a particularly spiteful nasty bastard.

Perez, Fofana and Ndidi all turned up. The rest of them were utter, utter wank.

That was our 7th home defeat of the season (from 15 matches). We have 4 more opportunities left to improve our home record.

Only twice in our last 15 top flight seasons have we lost more than 7 - Puel's useless 18/19 season (8) and under Twatlor in 01/02 (9).

For example, we lost fewer home games across the entire season in 14/15 and our relegation season in 03/04.

Losing at home to Man City is one thing, but losing at home to Fulham, Villa, West Ham, Leeds, Everton and Arsenal quite another. We've been pretty poor this season at home. Only WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham have lost more times at home than us.

Brendan said:

"For large parts of the first half we defended well. We had tiredness in our game. Technically we weren’t as good as we normally are. We are disappointed with the goals because they came when we were starting to chase the game.

Apart from that we had some chances but the best team has won the game. We have no excuses. We didn’t show the quality we have got but that comes with a bit of tiredness sometimes. Our organisation was good but we didn’t get through the pitch well at times."

Yes and their players, especially Jesus and bruyne, were shouting 'yellow' at him for every little thing. Bruyne is a particularly spiteful nasty bastard.

Wish we did this

He's such a massive **** and it's embarrassing they try and relate his achievements to managers that didn't just buy success......he hasn't actually bought it yet as still no CL. He's a **** and will always just be a **** who bought (or nearly bought) what was expected.
Depressingly, it's inevitable that they will win the champions league in the next few years. You can't spend that amount of money year after year and not win it eventually.

We were simply outplayed by the better team on the day.

My only disappointment is the consistent reluctance of Referee’s to book Man City when they consistently foul all teams in transition.

I wouldn’t be surprised to discover that all refs have received a bung from These Citizens.

I am beginning to dislike these as much as I do Arsenal, and that takes some ****ing doing.

Realism is probably
Depressingly, it's inevitable that they will win the champions league in the next few years. You can't spend that amount of money year after year and not win it eventually.

Hopefully they wont though. I do hope Pep ****s off having achieved the minimium.

We set up to spoil which has worked well for us against the big teams, it looks embarrassing when it doesn't come off though.

Hindsight is wonderful, but with that approach to the game, playing 2 up front and Perez was a waste. Without Barnes we were blunt on the counter attack so an extra midfielder would have been more useful.

The result isn't surprising or particularly disappointing but it's sad that we didn't make a contest of it.

We shat the bed against a team we respected too much. We bent over and took a royal shafting.

It happens far too much for my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758