Post Match Leicester 1:1 Aston Villa (League Cup semi-final, 1st leg)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Equaliser from sub Kelechi.

It's all still to do!

What a great finisher Kelechi is.

Tactically done there. Absolute limp shite bar a couple of moves. ****ed me off seeing Chilly being all pally pally with his England/potential England chums at full time. Summed up the lack of fight that shit.....

Not for the first time in a big game Rodgers ballsed it up from the beginning.

To start a midfield 3 that has never started together and leave Hamza on the bench was ridiculous.

He’s a brilliant manager, but he doesn’t half shoot himself in the foot sometimes. Frustrating.

Oh and Hamza was superb when he came on.

Frustrating. Villa did a very good job of stifling us.

I'm sure people will be in here soon enough to say how shit we were and how half the team are shit and should never play for us again etc.

But my view is that Rodgers made a mistake not starting Hamza. If we'd had a defensive mid, they wouldn't have scored that goal. That gave Villa the opportunity to then sit back. From then, Villa did a very good job at just keeping us at bay. Mings deserved his MOTM award, he was an absolute wall.

It's very, very difficult to play against a team that is happy to take a point and defend so deeply.

To our credit, I think we did a good job of staying patient and keep working at it, and when the chance eventually came we took it. Nacho took it very well.

We lack that Ziyech/Mahrez type of player to help unlock games like that.

Still confident we will go through.

How poor was Chilwell? Deary me.
How much do we miss N’Didi?!
Tielemans needs a confidence boost and fast

I thought we were great in the second half, mostly thanks to Hamza coming on.

Utter wank in the first half, I’ve got no idea what Brenda was thinking.

On the bright side we can tick off another position he's lacking in. He's half good at 2. Sell...
Cracking handshakes though. A pro at whispering to his pals on the opposition team under a gloved hand.

The Villa fans won't let them play 5-5-0 at home. We'll have more room there. Wembley very much still on.

On the bright side we can tick off another position he's lacking in. He's half good at 2. Sell...
Absolutely. If Manchester City or some other gullible ****tards want to shell out upwards of £40m quid on him then cash in, give Justin his spot and laugh all the way to the bank.

I thought we were great in the second half, mostly thanks to Hamza coming on.

Utter wank in the first half, I’ve got no idea what Brenda was thinking.

Quite rightly he was thinking they are shite. 90mins of Youri passing into the oppositions shins probably wasnt the plan. Ricardo parked at the halfway line due to no cover was striking.....Hamza's absence was a bit mad as it was clear about 5 minutes in we needed an Ndidi.

Cracking handshakes though. A pro at whispering to his pals on the opposition team under a gloved hand.

He gets a 6 out of 10 just for the whispers.....should any Man Utd scouts be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363