Post Match Leicester 1:1 Aston Villa (League Cup semi-final, 1st leg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree
If Chilwell had any gumption about him, he would have torn them a new one.
I’d have rather had JJ playing
He knows the way forward
Chilwell, was bloody frustrating tonight

For me it’s dead dead simple.

We should never play without one of Ndidi or Choudhury in the side.

That midfield, talented as it undoubtedly is, was soft and lacked urgency.

For me it’s dead dead simple.

We should never play without one of Ndidi or Choudhury in the side.

That midfield, talented as it undoubtedly is, was soft and lacked urgency.
I don’t totally disagree, in fact, I was quite surprised that Hamza didn’t take wilf’s place.
However, that doesn’t let Ben off
He was very disappointing

I don’t totally disagree, in fact, I was quite surprised that Hamza didn’t take wilf’s place.
However, that doesn’t let Ben off
He was very disappointing

Him and Youri our worst performers. Both very inconsistent. They’re young, still.

I'm more pissed with Chilly's attitude than his totally inept performance. Even out of position failed to do what he's supposedly paid for. Then when youve chucked advantage away against a shithouse team I don't think it's good to be pally pally and doing the sly chats with their ****s. If Vardy was rimming Grealish I'd be pissed off too.

POTY?

Fair play to Rodgers - admitting the midfield set up was an error and we aren’t the same team without one of those two lads.

“It’s set up perfectly. We look forward to the second leg. Hamza Choudhury made a huge difference, it’s my fault that I didn’t start him tonight. We could see that we needed him and he gave us our identity back.

“Wilfred Ndidi is so good for us, he’s colossal, and we were too slow and not aggressive without him or Hamza.”

At falling over on all contact
It’s an incredible thing to watch live, you can see when he decides to fall over and how he’s already tucked his legs up before any contact arrives.

According to the Sky commentator, that's his job ... to draw the foul and get the free kick and he's excellent at it and what a fantastic game he had blah de blah. Every time he went down it was a definite foul by a City player ... even when it wasn't (which was just about every time).

We all know in our heart of hearts that this will all end in a penalty shoot out ... at Wembley.

Should get some practice in with one at Villa Park beforehand.

Hugely frustrating night,

Credit to Rodgers for accepting his mistake and changing the midfield set at half time and bringing Choudhury on but IMO he did not change his other mistake of starting with 3 at the back and including Fuch's who added absolutely nothing to our performance last night.

We are at our best when we play with 4 at the back and should only change to a back 3 when we are trying to close a game out against big sides who are putting a lot of balls into the box.

The tempo we set was also wrong, the whole game plan seemed to be pass pass pass, mostly sideways, until we could get Maddison on the ball in the hope he would create a goal, there was obviously no game plan to attack the full backs and get crosses in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757