Post Match Leicester 1 Arsenal 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
tenor.gif

Embarrassing end to an embarrassing week.

I’m so glad we had that morally boosting European exit...

Hard to think where we will get a run from if Maddison, Barnes, Evans etc are added to the injury list. I wouldn't even fancy us v Burnley.
Vardy clearly managing himself til the end of the season. Half pace and no change of direction which clearly shows me hes managing an injury.

I feel really sorry for the boys today.

This has been a week too far for them. Not their fault at all. Many of them have battered themselves for this club over the last few months and been brilliant.

I've been whining on about tiredness, resting players, prioritising, for ages. It still feels shit seeing the inevitable happen.

Our squad was never strong enough this season. We didn't recruit enough numbers. We've got several players that just aren't good enough to step in and do a good enough job. So the same names have to deliver every time.

We needed to use the likes of Gray, Slimani, Choudhury, Iheanacho, Amartey, Fuchs, Morgan a lot more or get rid and bring in better options. That's the responsibility of Rudkin.

We've now quite possibly also fecked the Euro hopes of Justin, Maddison and Barnes in the space of less than a month. Extraordinary really. They deserve better from their club than being hammered into the ground.

And then the likes of Evans and Vardy are playing on memory. Sad to see. Somehow, we have to find the time and space to regroup.

First time this season we have lost back to back games.

Current injuries:

Maddison
Barnes
Perez
Praet
Fofana
Justin
Evans
Morgan

Ricardo, Ndidi, Vardy and Castagne all recovering from injuries. Soyuncu too, to some extent.

I just think we are going to have to draft in some of the kids for fresh legs. Tavares, in particular, should probably be considered.

Absolutely gutted for Barnes, Justin and Maddison. 3 players with strong claims for the Euros, all likely to miss out now.

Utterly pathetic all round. Gifted an early lead then just decide we'll try and hold on. Thomas ignoring the instruction to stay on his feet....he shouldn't have lasted until half time really. Hopefully Barnes isn't out for too long as top 4 can be forgotten about if so. Vardy still holding his groin when supposedly fine to play isn't filling me with confidence either.

In the worst mood I've had after one of our games in a long time.

More due to Barnes being added to our once again growing injury list and what that means for the rest of our season than today's result/performance alone.

Unless we get a miracle with Maddison and Barnes, I can't see how our season isn't ruined. And with how tight the league is, it won't just be fifth we drop to this time.

It's horrible luck. I don't blame Brendan. Only criticism you can maybe have of him is could some of the players been rested more, but as I said in the match thread, he hasn't had many options to do so.

Wish the club had bit the bullet on bringing that extra attacking mid in Jan though!

I’m with BN, this is more a sad culmination than an embarrassment for me.

I even feel for Rodgers. Realistically he probably had to make some really hard decisions earlier in the season that would have received some criticism. Like a proper punt on Europa or the FA Cup.

In normal times you’d have this lot off to a camp in Portugal. As it is, they need to be wrapped in cotton wool and those hard decisions need to be taken now.

Im still hopeful we can find a path. We are in a good position and have some winnable games ahead. Fofana and Perez coming back in should help too.

In the worst mood I've had after one of our games in a long time.

More due to Barnes being added to our once again growing injury list and what that means for the rest of our season than today's result/performance alone.

Unless we get a miracle with Maddison and Barnes, I can't see how our season isn't ruined. And with how tight the league is, it won't just be fifth we drop to this time.

It's horrible luck. I don't blame Brendan. Only criticism you can maybe have of him is could some of the players been rested more, but as I said in the match thread, he hasn't had many options to do so.

Wish the club had bit the bullet on bringing that extra attacking mid in Jan though!

It wouldn’t surprise me if this leads to Rodgers and Rudkin having a bit of a spirited debate about January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757