Post Match Leicester 1 Leeds 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Nacho, a confidence player at the best of times, will be completely pointless.

He's pointless to begin with. Brendan clearly thinks so too and is why he's not brought him on.

So we need to get someone who we can use.

Perez is Paul Gallagher mk. II. Can look alright at times, but is ultimately no real use because he has no position - not a winger, not a striker, not an attacking midfielder. A false 9 at best but that's useless when you've not got the players or system to play off of that.

We have ZERO alternative to Vardy right now

Schmeichel was our best player and we conceded three.

None of the outfield players can be satisfied with their performance there. None of them. There was jogging instead of sprinting throughout from every player. Too many of them looked knackered.

I didn't agree with us playing the same side (barring injuries) every game. It is asking for trouble. You have to rotate to retain freshness.

The Mendy of previous seasons has returned. Where is the all action player from the start of the season? He was plodding and sloppy.

Barnes scored a cracking goal and then disappeared. Albrighton and Castagne were shocking in that first half. Maddison poncing about making a mess of everything. And Perez leading the line was just so far away from the required standard that it is beyond belief that he stayed there throughout.

Leeds won that without much more than displaying more effort. Not one of their players would get into our best side. They were a much, much better team today though.

I’ve been staring at this sentence trying to make sense of it, and I just can’t
Our team of fancy players who would rather live in London are only motivated by impressing a big club and couldn't really give a shit about winning anything with us.

He's pointless to begin with. Brendan clearly thinks so too and is why he's not brought him on.

So we need to get someone who we can use.

Perez is Paul Gallagher mk. II. Can look alright at times, but is ultimately no real use because he has no position - not a winger, not a striker, not an attacking midfielder. A false 9 at best but that's useless when you've not got the players or system to play off of that.

We have ZERO alternative to Vardy right now

Gallagher comparison a good one. At least Gally could take set pieces though.

Surely Youri has to take over from Maddison?

Our biggest goal threat is Harvey Barnes and instead of feeding him the ball as much as possible we changed to a system at half time that took him out of the game, only to undo that change later...

Maddison needs telling to cut the fancy crap out and do the simple stuff made worse by the fact we kept forcing the ball to him only to see it go straight to a Leeds player and he needs taking off of set pieces, our defensive set piece set up needs changing but that's obvious to everyone bar the manager.

Iheanacho should be demanding a transfer, Perez never plays 90 minutes normally yet in 2 league games without Vardy Nacho can't even get off the bench and Perez plays the full 90

We aren't playing with a proper striker as we don't have one so why are you starting with Albrighton who's best asset is his crossing? we have no one to cross to ffs
"Iheanacho should be demanding a transfer."

No one would sign him he is worse than Perez!

What is so frustrating is that Perez is killing us he was resposible for the secong goal, watch the replay he makes no attampt to challenge the player before it goes to Bamford Any player is better than Perez upfront right now, every time we have an opportunity to break away from the chasing pack we blow it big style, we have no leaders on the pitch.

The bottom line is without Wilf we struggle to command a midfield, Perez and Iheanacho are championship standard, even without Vardy we should have battered Leeds today but if you do not have a striker to exploit space it is to easy to defend.

Is BR trying to force the board to buy a striker?

People thought 352 would work best beforehand and it proved right.
Poor individual performances then undid the impetus we had in the second half when it looked like we would boss the game
Evans had a shocker
Maddison poor delivery and sloppy pass helped set up 2 of their goals.
Mendy recovery pace against a side like Leeds gets exposed.
On another day Perez is level for the disallowed goal, that little flicked finish goes in rather than hitting Meslier and its a different outcome.
But it didn't so we have to get on with it.

Well that was poo. If it wasn't for my belief that we've always got a performance like that in our locker, I would be fuming. But I'm a bit celery about it.

Maybe we should give Leeds some credit for, um, something. They worked hard to deny us space and shut us down but, really, in truth we've got to be better than that. I'll forget about that one and move on.

Nice to see Soyuncu back on the pitch looked cool, assured and solid.

Please for the love of God can we sign a striker?

Otherwise we're doomed to fall just short again like last year.

We won't qualify for Champions League with the attacking options we've got.
Problem is we've spent 70 million quid on strikers since 2016 & they've all been shit.

If we're going to sign a replacement for Vardy he needs to a) be young b) arrive this Summer so we can bring him along so he's ready to step up when Vardy goes or retires.

No established striker is going to come here as they'll know they'd be a permanent sub while Vardy is here. & I don't see Brendan playing any sort of system that accomodates 2 up front.

Right now we need someone who has experience at this level, isn't totally past it but accepts that he'll be a back up option & has a few goals in him. I have no idea who's available that fits that description.

Our team of fancy players who would rather live in London are only motivated by impressing a big club and couldn't really give a shit about winning anything with us.
Yeah but why would footballers not want to win things? Who gives a shit what shirt you wear while you’re doing it?

I think I've seen enough of Perez in the CF role after that. ****ing pitiful he was. Positioning, decision making, touch.. everything was ****ing shite about him today. We may not be able to get anyone if Vardy's standard but having a replacement who's at least competent would be a start. Nacho and Perez.. Christ. No Vardy, no party.

People thought 352 would work best beforehand and it proved right.
Poor individual performances then undid the impetus we had in the second half when it looked like we would boss the game
Evans had a shocker
Maddison poor delivery and sloppy pass helped set up 2 of their goals.
Mendy recovery pace against a side like Leeds gets exposed.
On another day Perez is level for the disallowed goal, that little flicked finish goes in rather than hitting Meslier and its a different outcome.
But it didn't so we have to get on with it.
we don't play 352 we play 541 and it takes Maddison out of position

****ing given me the hump that.

I don’t know why, I should know better at this point that we shit all over ourselves every time we have the chance to be ruthless.

I think the referee played a big part today. At 1-1 we looked the more likely to go on and win. Leeds are a busy team and fair play to them for that. But they also excel in the dark arts of fouling off the ball, and falling over at the first sign of pressure. The more they got away with it the more they swarmed around and stopped any football being played.

I think I've seen enough of Perez in the CF role after that. ****ing pitiful he was. Positioning, decision making, touch.. everything was ****ing shite about him today. We may not be able to get anyone if Vardy's standard but having a replacement who's at least competent would be a start. Nacho and Perez.. Christ. No Vardy, no party.
He's never been a CF & never will be. He's a support striker. A position no system we ever play uses. What the actual **** he was signed for is beyond me. Similar to Slimani. An out & out target man in a team that doesn't use one. I must be missing something surely.

He's never been a CF & never will be. He's a support striker. A position no system we ever play uses. What the actual **** he was signed for is beyond me. Similar to Slimani. An out & out target man in a team that doesn't use one. I must be missing something surely.

And BR wants an attacking midfield? you are not missing anything it is bloody obvious, a striker is our main focus!!

Barn
Awful. Probably our worst performance of the season.

Only Barnes and Kasper showed anything like a good performance.

I actually feel a bit sorry for Brendan today - he was decisive in making changes when it wasnt going to plan, but none of it made any real difference. Far too many shit individual performances, and the manager with no real attacking options available to change it.

Today and other recent games also show how little Rodgers really trusts Nacho too.
Barnes anonymous in the second half.

Well that was incredibly frustrating wasn't it.

Obviously it wasn't down to Perez we lost, but we can we please never play him as a lone striker ever again.

Kasper the only player to come out with any credit really.

Nice goal from us and great play from Barnes and Maddison but shame they did little else.

What a strike from Bamford though!!

We were ****ing crap today and made a shit team of wankers think they were good. Unforgivable.

Some serious wibble in this thread though.

I fear we have a team of players who want to do just well enough to get a big transfer away.

Possibly Chilwell of last year, but not sure who you are taking aim at this year? I would say there are one or two young players that are at Leicester who would be keen for a big move away at some point, but at this stage they are enthusiastic and the squad when winning looks happy.

I don’t see any players who don’t seem to give a fuk if we win or lose. Or any that might sit in an airport terminal on deadline day, seemingly ‘on strike’ to get their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757