Post Match Leicester 2 Chelsea 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another game with a rival who didn’t gain any points over us. Man U drawing against Wolves is perfect too. What’s not to like?

I didn't think we were great today but should have won. Chelsea didn't look like a 4th placed team. Then i watched this evening's match and suddenly Chelsea are worth that 4th spot. Hopefully Sheff Utd nick it off them but reckon we're floating on the top of a sea of shit that's places 4th-20th.

Yep, same one that missed a one on one and should have put us ahead. Not sure what he did that made him out best player in the first half? Evans deserves that.

Obviously, Vardy is the better striker when on form. But it's been quite obvious that he's suffering from a lack of form/fitness/something since Christmas. Nacho has offered us something different and looks to hold up the ball rather than the constant ball behind that Vardy looks for.

Vardy ball to Barnes was inch perfect.

Vardy ran his arse off today and him and Perez had them constantly under pressure at the back. Vardy should have scored but it certainly wasn't an easy chance. I wish we would try him and Ian from the start.

We started poorly and for 20 minutes it looked as if we would get pasted. Fortunately our resilience and determination came back but our discipline and concentration remained lacking throughout.

After going a goal down the mood in the ground was surprisingly positive and we delivered the best half an hour of football we’ve played in a while.

It was end to end for most of the game, I’m sure Rodgers was tearing his hair out with the spaces we were leaving but I thought the players stood up for themselves today and didn’t get pushed around. Chilwell and Perez were much improved. It’s a shame we were missing Ndidi because the midfield was scrappy and frantic and he would have bossed Mount and Kante today.

Stupid, shit goals though they were, I’m less concerned by that than I was about the total capitulations we saw against Liverpool and Man City. Two mistakes, punished ruthlessly. We should have won and the Evans and Barnes misses were criminal but given the context of the kick in knackers against Villa, some really constipated home performances and missing our best player I was actually quite proud of the lads today.

Screenshot_20200201-133116_Chrome.jpg

Oh and football half time coverage in this country is missing out on treats like this. Get that trade deal done and hopefully we get this.

Reading the BBC match report you’d think we were lucky to draw. In reality we ought to have won. I’m happy enough with the point and pleased with the performance.

We should have defended better for their goals but you can analyse every goal ever scored and find a reason why it should have been prevented. We also should have scored another couple but teams rarely score every chance they get.

It was a good game between a couple of talented teams both intent on winning. A decent result against another top four side and a fun game to watch.

The initial reaction in the thread was very much useless, shit, annoyed, wasted opportunity, two points dropped etc. Yeah we should have won with the chances we created but we played well considering how shit we’ve been at home since before Christmas.

Don’t get so chippy.
Not chippy mate, just wondering. Thanks for answering.

Perez looks a much better player when Iheanacho is playing than when Vardy is IMO
Agree that they link up beautifully. They look like two mates playing in the park at times, such a fantastic understanding of each other’s games.

A Chelsea fan if you will. Different type of twat to their fans I've met I guess though.

Yeah it’s reassuring to know that in these uncertain, difficult times one things remains true. Chelsea fans are all twats.

Putting our dip in form in perspective: just looking at the BBC website table, we have 7 points from the last 5 games. This is the record of the next 7 teams:
Chelsea 6
Sfeff Utd: 7
Man U 4 (one fewer than Norwich)
Wolves 5
Spurs 5
Everton 7
Newcastle 6

Nobody is gaining any ground on us, and most are losing ground. In fact, outside the top rwo, only Southampton (9) have a better record than us. Hopefully a 13 point lead over 5th is enough

Nobody is gaining any ground on us, and most are losing ground. In fact, outside the top rwo, only Southampton (9) have a better record than us. Hopefully a 13 point lead over 5th is enough

I was really frustrated not to win, but we could perhaps count ourselves lucky not to have conceded in the first half. Other results going our way so yes you would expect 13 points to be enough.

They were inept in front of goal and a bit more situational awareness would have found someone else better placed. I was really pleased how well we did to get back in the game and get ahead. Great work undone by sloppy defending.

Unfortunately a bad miss for Barnes that might question his confidence (and Brendan’s)

Putting our dip in form in perspective: just looking at the BBC website table, we have 7 points from the last 5 games. This is the record of the next 7 teams:
Chelsea 6
Sfeff Utd: 7
Man U 4 (one fewer than Norwich)
Wolves 5
Spurs 5
Everton 7
Newcastle 6

Quite - we are no longer keeping pace with the front, but there's no shame in that considering where we are. The lead we've built up over the bottom 16 means we only need to continue our 'slump' to easily get Big Cup football next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263