Post Match Leicester 2 Tottenham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better performance.

Kane, as usual, scored for Spurs.

Ricardo and Maddison scored for us.

Both teams had a goal disallowed by VAR for offside.

First time we've won in the league after being behind at half time since 2015.

And we're up to 2nd in the league!

Dilly...

Great stuff. Shows what we are capable off if the effort is put in. That was a great performance throughout.

Great goal from Maddison from the left wing. So glad he has finally done better.

Selection bang on, first change came at the right time, Sissoko and Gray probably should have seen straight reds, the latter would have been slightly unfortunate though.

Well deserved win, think the diamond may suit us best

Great performance that.

For long spells in the second half, I wondered where the goal was coming from.

But we have some quality players and they stepped up to make the difference.

Great to come back from behind and win. To be honest at 1-0 I didn't see that happening. Although I'm sure a lot of the talk will be about VAR on their disallowed goal! Oh 5 Live, it sounds like maybe his armpit or shoulder was off. But if that's the rule...

But to come back an win like that is fantastic. And that could be a huge win in our quest to break the top 6 this season. If we lost consecutively to Utd andSpurs that would be looking less likely.

Very happy with that!

Played people in their correctly position and guess what, we win.

In terms of our status as a club and where we are trying to get to possibly our most important win for some time. I know we’ve beaten Spurs and Arsenal in the last couple of years, but generally when we were pushing for 7th or 8th

A very good game that could have gone either way, the difference was probably that our defense was immense today, theirs looked a bit shaky at times.

VAR had a big impact on the game twice and changed the flow of the game, it's amazing how dramatically the decisions to disallow the goals changed the attitudes of the players. I suppose we'll have to get used to it, but it felt wrong.

Special mentions for Evans and Maddison who were great today.

And i know it's very early but i love the look of the table.

When we fell behind I didn’t see us winning that.

A good game could have gone either way.

Love beating those self obsessive Spuds.

That game was a joy to watch.
We have quality all over the pitch now. This game was a real step in the right direction and showed that we dont really have a weak link, and can only get better.
Soyuncu and Evan's growing as a partnership with Soyuncu living up to his transfer fee and showing he can fill Maguires boots both in function and character.
chilwell starting to make as much down the left as ricardo does down the right. Remember that chilwell got virtually no break in the summer. Normally this results in a slow start to the season so perhaps understandable to have seen him have a slow start.
in midfield we have a ridiculously good depth and variation of player. If Praet or Choudhury started instead of Tielemans or Maddison next week no one would be overly worried

we are also yet to see the best of gray, barnes, albrighton or perez this year but yet still score goals and create chances. These guys will come into the fold as the season goes on and accommodate some tailing off from other players

Happy days....

Don't we only score in the second half?

I wish I'd watched us win in a pub.

A super performance right from the off. Pick the proper team, in the proper positions, and we look very, very good. Tielemans still struggling a bit, but the rest of them outstanding.

And what do you know - play Maddison in the right place, and he has the potential to murder anyone. Hopefully Brendan will learn not to waste an outstanding talent and never, ever, ever use the term ‘inside winger’ ever again FFS

Some brilliance all over the pitch at times, but special mentions for Soyuncu and Evans who were, quite simply, ****ing excellent

Brilliant atmosphere, brilliant performance, brilliant result.

“We’re coming for you, we’re coming for you-ooo...”

Stick that up yer jacksies, yer bunch of wankers

Ndid

Praet Tielemans

Maddison

Perez/Barnes Vardy
that could be a very attacking team to watch with Ricardo and Chilwell providing enough width

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757