Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy (pen) and Maddison

Seven wins in a row. Equals our record from 1963 in the top division.

No one wins 7 in a row in the Premier League if they are not a really top team. Who else has done it outside the (ha ha) “big 6” in recent years?

And no one scores in 7+ matches in the row twice in the PL without being an all time great striker.

Excellent!

I was nervous for the last 20 mins but really they never troubled us. Expert game management, we backed off and slower down to conserve energy. I hope.

Justin did very well when he came on. Got a debut assist too. Madders took the goal at the end well.

We could've finished that off much earlier though if Barnes had taken two big chances and we should've had the first half pen.

7 wins in a row is unreal.

Vardy is going to break his own record. And we might even win every game while he does it.

Hard game. We've had to work really hard against both Everton and Watford. Both have stopped out dangerous players getting into good positions.

Definitely not as slick as we have been. But also, I can't remember a real Watford chance.

Positives we're Justin, Fuchs looking good for 70 mins and getting some mins, and our defense looking very strong again.

Also I thought Vardy looked knackered earlier but now being interviewed straight after full time looks absolutely fine, so hopefully it was just saving energy.

All home wins tonight. Unless Everton can pull off a shock comeback to keep Silva in his job.

I feel confident that Justin, Hamza and Praet could start for us allowing some team rotation. Some of the players looked leggy today.

Well managed in the end.

No knocks, no sending offs, a bit of rest for Chilwell, Tielemans, and Barnes.

Minutes for some fringe (but very good) players. Justin looked raw but talented.

Only disappointment was the performance of Perez, who will only continue to start because of the streak the team is currently on. He was desperately poor tonight and fully deserved the hook.

We also have Gray too come back from illness. I'd like to see him start instead of Perez to give him some rest... The whole squad is looking sharp.

We have looked a bit lethargic in the last couple of games, no surprise that the fresh legs we have brought on have been instrumental in getting the wins.

Perez has probably looked the most energetic of the regulars, but has been very wasteful, Tieleman's heat map wouldn't go far outside the center circle tonight. No one likes to change a winning team, but I can see them both being rested soon.

Fuchs was very good, got beaten for pace once, but handled everything else with class. Justin looked composed and able in his cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263