Post Match Leicester 2 Watford 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d accept the first one, had it been given against us.

I’d think the second one was harsh, had it been given against us.

That’s how I try to judge things.

They were both penalties. The first one so clear and blatant it is absolutely ridiculous to suggest anything other. Both pundits on MotD were also amazed it wasn't given. What's more is that booking JV for simulation may be costly at some point this season. Madness I tells you. The second one is a foul. If it happens anywhere else on the pitch then it is a free kick so why shouldn't it be a penalty? Soft or otherwise, the referee got that one correct.

It feels like having the same debate over and over but you cannot say they were clear or blatant.

There is contact on Vardy but it wasn't enough to stop him. Indeed he managed to take another step before falling, just like Mane did. My point is that penalties are often opinion based, not rule based. Contact is allowed, challenging for the ball is allowed. Some fouls are clear, many aren't.

The penalty on Evans was a total nonsense in my opinion. You saw something I didn't. I've noticed that Evans is getting quite cute about exaggerating contact this season. He's smart about it, as he was in the Burnley game, but I don't agree with what he's doing.

Penalties seem to be becoming like in Rugby or Hockey; routine and played for. I'd make the offense required to get a penalty significantly clearer and/or tougher.

the defender tripped Vardy and got no where near the ball, it literally couldn't be clearer unless you are just being pig headed.

The defender stuck his hand in Evans face and pushed him, preventing him from jumping, again it literally couldn't be any clearer unless again, you are being pig headed.

the defender tripped Vardy and got no where near the ball, it literally couldn't be clearer unless you are just being pig headed.

The defender stuck his hand in Evans face and pushed him, preventing him from jumping, again it literally couldn't be any clearer unless again, you are being pig headed.

I readily admit to being pig headed at times. I may have demonstrated that on here once or twice.

This isn't an example though. Mine is a perfectly rational and shared opinion. Just because you think differently doesn't make either of us wrong. That's the problem.

I readily admit to being pig headed at times. I may have demonstrated that on here once or twice.

This isn't an example though. Mine is a perfectly rational and shared opinion. Just because you think differently doesn't make either of us wrong. That's the problem.

‘Hello Mr Butcher do you have a pig’s head?’

‘No it’s the way I part my hair you cheeky bastard’

‘Leave the eyes in it’ll see me through the week!’

The butcher is so shocked that his brass hand falls off etc etc.

For the first penalty decision, I don't think it's enough to make Vardy go down, I personally would like to see this sort of thing overlooked, but by the current rules, and to be consistent with what is generally being given it should have been a penalty.

For the second I think it should definitely be a penalty, there is no excuse, it's not an attempt to play the ball, or even a battle of strength, it's a deliberate and stupid foul.

Hello Mr Butcher do you keep dripping?

Yes, can't shake off this cold.
I bet you fiver that you can’t reach that meat on the top shelf...

I can’t the steaks are too high!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758