Post Match Leicester 3 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, I'd like to thank Crystal Palace. Two gimmes that steadied our ship and gave us a platform for a trade mark Vardy 3rd.

We played some nice football on occasions but, let's be honest, Palace were ordinary. A win's a win of course, and a much needed one for us at the moment, so I'll take that with a genuine smile but no way am I convinced that we're out of the woods. We'll need better performances than that if we're to stay 3rd.

Kasper was my MOTM (again) - a vital save at a critical time. He's one of the senior players we look to to keep us on track. Obviously, a huge congrats to Vardy - he keeps on going and gets his reward.

We move on and I, for one, am much relieved. We did all what we had to do, job done.

You’ve summarised it for me perfectly.

Arsenal doing us a favour - now 2 up at Wolves.

It will give them a boost for Tuesday but still better for us than another 3 points for Wolves.

Wolves lose. 6 points to 6th (7 if you count our goal difference and remember 5th may be a CL place this season).

15 points left.

Couple of wins and a couple of draws and jobs a good un.

Is the three at the back the way to go for the rest of the season, it appeared to suit us better in the second half, if so is Bennett the man to play, it allowed Tielemans to get forward more and seemed to let Ndidi display what he's good at winning the ball, Vardy seemed to relax as soon as he'd score his gift, hopefully something from Arsenal on tuesday

Lot's of comments about how poor Palace were, but I think this is a credit to our pressing, even the defenders didn't get time on the ball and we forced them into mistakes and giving the ball away, pleasing that we kept it up for 90 minutes too.

A while back, Brendan said he'd asked Vardy to stop chasing every defender to save his energy. Today it seemed like the shackles were off. Maybe it's the extra rest or the few games remaining, or maybe it was one-off, but it worked. I do wish we'd still leave him on the halfway line for opponent corners.

A while back, Brendan said he'd asked Vardy to stop chasing every defender to save his energy. Today it seemed like the shackles were off. Maybe it's the extra rest or the few games remaining, or maybe it was one-off, but it worked. I do wish we'd still leave him on the halfway line for opponent corners.
I think having the second striker enables him to do that, if Vardy is chasing then there was still Nacho to get into the box,

I didn't see the first half but BR said afterwards that he'd picked a 3-4-1-2 formation in order to get more forwards in the team.

Schmeichel
Justin Evans Soyuncu
Albrighton Ndidi Tielemans Chilwell
Perez
Iheanacho Vardy

At half time, he took off Chilwell (injury) and took the oportunity to switch Albrighton from right to left, push Justin into the right wing back role and Bennett came into the right central defender role.

He changed the formation to a more conservative one by taking off Iheanacho for Praet for a 3-5-1-1

The final three changes were within that system, so Barnes took over the Perez role, Fuchs took the over the Albrighton role and Choudhury replaced Tielemans.

It seemed to be more effective against a side that sit deep. It won't work (and presumably won't be attempted against Arsenal) but in the Bournemouth and Sheff Utd games, it could prove an effective formation.

I thought the shape suited us much better today.
Ah yes - the shape.

An oblong diamond according to Piper!?!

I am pretty happy. Or at least I was. Then I saw Manure's run in. How ****ing piss easy is that?

Shit.

I need a lie down now.

You can already guarantee Man U will be fourth. Easy run in and showing form to dispatch those sides. We’re playing for fourth or hoping Man C don’t get a reprieve.

They have got Chelsea, West Ham, who are scrapping for their lives and us. The others are shite but that's not a hugely easy run in.

They have got Chelsea, West Ham, who are scrapping for their lives and us. The others are shite but that's not a hugely easy run in.
Man U don’t have Chelsea in the PL. They meet in FA cup. They face Villa, Southampton, Palace and West Spam before facing us.
Can see them winning the lot comfortably.

Man U don’t have Chelsea in the PL. They meet in FA cup. They face Villa, Southampton, Palace and West Spam before facing us.
Can see them winning the lot comfortably.
Ah, my mistake. But that means they have an extra game and one they will desperately want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757