Post Match Leicester 3 Manchester United 1 FA Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those xG stats may not be bollocks, they might just not square with your perception (and, obviously, the actual result). They are what they are, whatever they are.

The popular belief that Napoleon was short may not be true. Not so much anyway. Pre-metric system, the French inch was longer than the English one, so his French 5'2" was nearer 5'6" English. Still not tall by today's standards but pretty average for the era. I'm just using that as a segue...

Point is, a scale is useful as a comparative so long as we're using the same scale. Further, if you don't know how the scale is devised or how/what it measures then it can lead to apparent contradiction. I'm sure xG (and other such stats) measure accurately, for the sake of argument, that which they set out to measure - by their own quantifiable and logical methods. No arguments there from me. It's knowing what/how it measures and the anomalies it might lead to that needs to be taken into account. What we see might not be what it measures. Again, like head-to-head stats, it measures what has happened (is historically data driven) but doesn't tell us what will happen. Chance, luck, happenstance and Nacho's arse all playing an as yet unmeasurable part. We might well lose on the xG stats yet still win the game.

There are VAR parallels in some ways; it might well be able to be applied consistently (let's say theoretically it can) but leads to contention with the perception of advantage/disadvantage.

Last edited:
I wonder when we last had viewing figures this high?

Brilliant. That'll be 6.1 million Man Yoo plastics crying into their Sunday supper after expecting the mighty reds to simply turn up and roll us over. They haven't lost an away game since Jan 2020 you know!

Brilliant. That'll be 6.1 million Man Yoo plastics crying into their Sunday supper after expecting the mighty reds to simply turn up and roll us over. They haven't lost an away game since Jan 2020 you know!

Half of those probably support Leicester now.

So before kick-off, one of my Man Utd friends was quick to tell me that we were lucky, as they had left their big guns on the bench. This prompted me to do some research...

So the players who started for Manchester United cost...
Pogba - 89m
Lindelof - 31m
Maguire - 80m
Wan Bissaka - 50m
Martial - 35m
Matic - 40m
Fred - 41m
Van de Beek - 35m
Telles - 13.5m

Add to that the subs...

Shaw - 27m
Fernandes - 49.5m
Diallo - 18.9m

In summary, what a steaming pile of expensive shit!

So before kick-off, one of my Man Utd friends was quick to tell me that we were lucky, as they had left their big guns on the bench. This prompted me to do some research...

Pogba - 89m
Lindelof - 31m
Maguire - 80m
Wan Bissaka - 50m
Martial - 35m
Matic - 40m
Fred - 41m
Van de Beek - 35m
Telles - 13.5m

Add to that the subs...

Shaw - 27m
Fernandes - 49.5m
Diallo - 18.9m

I think we’ve learned that over the last 10 years, with the exception of few duffers, having a recruitment team with more than five brain cells between them leads to finding great players for relatively chuff all.

Pogba - 89m
Lindelof - 31m
Maguire - 80m
Wan Bissaka - 50m
Martial - 35m
Matic - 40m
Fred - 41m
Van de Beek - 35m
Telles - 13.5m

Add to that the subs...

Shaw - 27m
Fernandes - 49.5m
Diallo - 18.9m

It’s only half a billion ffs

Someone already said it, but for a non big six team to beat all big six teams in one season is remarkable. I wonder when that last happened? Statto?

Oh hello, hello! Statto here, good day good day one and all of you ho ho. So, the answer to this little riddle is the 2015/2016 season (which I'm sure all you little foxes out there remember quite well). The team though, surprisingly was West Ham United - they beat all of the 'big six' in that season, and all of those fixtures were Premier League ones. So, in someways that's even more impressive than the Foxes achievement this season, as it didn't include any cup fixtures. If Leicester beat Manchester United in the league in May then they will equal it (and I'll go in and check goal difference to declare a winner in the 'big six slayers' trophy. Hope that helps everyone, glad to have been of service, yet again.

Pogba - 89m
Lindelof - 31m
Maguire - 80m
Wan Bissaka - 50m
Martial - 35m
Matic - 40m
Fred - 41m
Van de Beek - 35m
Telles - 13.5m

Add to that the subs...

Shaw - 27m
Fernandes - 49.5m
Diallo - 18.9m

It's not surprising that we won is it? They only fielded nine players!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757