Post Match Leicester 4 West Ham 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole Gonner Solskjær

I hope not. He is doing a great job there.

He is. Won the champions league too. Beckham, Giggs etc. All just the same as they have now but they've got different names. Maguire is like a modern day Jaap Stam. Can't forget Stam concentrating on brushing his hair to one side and having a disappointed expression every time they had a set piece to organise.

Listened to the Totally Football Show today, recapping the Burnley game (and other recent performances) and they spoke about Tielemans and that he’s just looked knackered recently and he needed the break, but we aren’t the same without him on form.

He’s had a break, come back in; and from reading these comments it had the desired effect.
Lovely stuff.

Been saying we need a morale boosting win. This is hopefully it!

West Ham boss David Moyes, speaking to BBC Sport: "It was a positive that we got something for 10-15 minutes but for most of the game Leicester were by far the better team. That hasn't been the case in all the games, we have been in them or close.

"We can't disguise it. Leicester were the better team tonight. I thought in the second half we at least got the ball forward more. It was good to get Michail Antonio back because he has been good for us. Jist oncest, Jist oncest. I wid like tae be able talk tae you withoot feelin... like I've jist gargled wie *Preparation X!

"We didn't have enough players who could make something happen in the final third. We are missing that type of the player, they looked faster to the ball than us. It is never easy but we won't make excuses. We've been good, tonight was probably the worst I have seen us defensively at times."

West Ham boss David Moyes, speaking to BBC Sport: It is never easy but we won't make excuses. We've been good, tonight was probably the worst I have seen us defensively at times."
Were they woeful, or did we just make them look shit with far greater pace?

Great performance.

Schmeichel - becoming a bit of a dracula on corners weirdly, but great telling of the assistant 'not to ****ing start with him'
Ricardo - given that TAA hasn't set foot inside his own half this season I'd say Ricardo is the best proper right back in the prem.
Evans - like Bobby Moore
Soyuncu - Like Mandy Moore
Chilwell - will be a good player when he grows up
Fancy. Dan.
Mendy - like when we brought Amartey in for Kante. Occasionally you think, "oh this could work" but then you see Kante and think - "oh no he's just shit isn't he".
N'Didi - the solid gold shiznits.
Tielemans - plays football when Ndidi is there, doesnt when he isn't. Mostly because hes covering for whoever is playing instead of Ndidi
Maddison - seemed to come to life more when Iheanacho came on and he could do more link play. Weird, but true I think.
Barnes - Just. Retired. Zabaleta. Faster than a pigeon with the shits and gaining some composure to boot. One too many 'I'll just leave this one for the non existent person behind me' tricks was the only downside.
Perez - great pen, great finish for second. has so much potential and such a good footballer when on form. Needs to keep more of the Bastardo in his play as hes better when hes aggressive.
Vardy - 1 too many pokey bum wanks is the diagnosis. Hope hes ok.
Iheanacho - who is this guy who has started playing for us. Hes ****ing ace and a real menace. Plays well with the way we now play and would be a real threat if he had to start 3 or 4 consecutive games.

Morgan - the dude

Splendid.

Ricardo imperious. Ndidi strutting about like a cyborg sensation. Tielemans up to his old tricks. Chilwell scampering along like a thoroughbred.

That was the best I've seen Perez and Barnes play tonight. Both seemed to be up for it as though they'd been read the riot act for their recent insipid flouncing about. That fingers in his ears celebration is wank though.

Vardy has an arse strain. Enter the mighty Kelechi. He is mightier than his former incarnation. He is a link man, a finisher, a composed team mate, a class act. Rest your bottom Jamie, we have no need of it for a while.

Maddison was fecking garbage mind. Alan Rodgers took a better corner.

Mendy - like when we brought Amartey in for Kante. Occasionally you think, "oh this could work" but then you see Kante and think - "oh no he's just shit isn't he".

Mendy is far from shit. He never has been. It didn’t work when Fraude played him deep alongside a shackled Ndidi, and they spent the whole game tripping over each other. But he is a very able deputy and a much better midfielder than Amartey.

Mendy was having a fine game till the injury.

Do Man City still have a buyback clause for Nacho? Can see them excising it when Aguero steps down and in this sort of form, we’ll miss him. What a player.

We were just tremendous. Every player outstanding.
Mendy was having a brilliant game until the injury.
Barnes was man of the match.
Perez simply sublime.

Time for Nacho to start instead of JV?
When Nacho came on, we looked a better team
With JV we looked for him most of the time, with Nacho there seemed more link up play

well that was much better, feel for Mendy, played well Sunday and was doing so again, though his injury didn't look too serious still sad for him.

Chilwell looked much fresher after missing the Burnley game, no matter why he was dropped the rest did him good, I wish he would take shots on more (he's far from the only one btw), he has a good shot on him and he can glide to the edge of the box with ease and shooting a little more often will keep the defenders honest and help open up other passes. Rodgers made a point of hugging him and pointing to him post game infront of the Kop too.

Tielemans another who looked much better after a rest, also helped by the switch in system to a 4231 keeping him more central.

Perez and Barnes were both superb constantly showing for the out balls and constantly being a threat.

On current form I think Iheanacho's movement is better suited to the team, Vardy will bounce back but Nacho is well worth a few starts in the coming weeks his little pass for Perez's second was lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363