Post Match Leicester 5 Sheffield United 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great performances from the team, even if it was against one of the weakest premiership opponents ever. Remember, when saying the opposition were weak we didn't beat them two or three nil, it was a 5-0 thrashing. That's a very telling result.

Nacho' man of the match of course, but others who did very well were Vardy (didn't score & should have but an assist & being behind the og were significant... & his pace seems to be back), Perez very good (played in his best position), Tielemans (as always). Evans classy & bossed the back line. Not so hot were Ricardo who rightly came off (currently a shadow of his former self but of course is recovering from a serious injury) & I wasn't too convinced by Calagar, though he grew into the game as it went on.

It's abundantly clear that Nacho is very, very good alongside Vardy (& hopefully will be with his successor) and with either Maddison or Perez in support. Nacho & Perez have been wasted by management & lambasted by supporters in the past when played out of position. Some players are simply not utility players & don't adapt too well - they HAVE to be played in their correct positions. Nacho & Perez are two such players.

Very pleased to see that Perez got good coverage and high praise in the MOTD analysis. Kel was brilliant but the contribution of Ayoze was enormous.

I'm generally no big fan of Perez but he did do very well yesterday - especially when you consider it was his first game back from injury

Ian Hatcher gets the occasional run out as well.

I would take an Ian Hatcher...

My wife, who has no interest in football it must be said, heard the game in the background and asked me who this new guy "El Nacho" is...

Great performances from the team, even if it was against one of the weakest premiership opponents ever. Remember, when saying the opposition were weak we didn't beat them two or three nil, it was a 5-0 thrashing. That's a very telling result.

Nacho' man of the match of course, but others who did very well were Vardy (didn't score & should have but an assist & being behind the og were significant... & his pace seems to be back), Perez very good (played in his best position), Tielemans (as always). Evans classy & bossed the back line. Not so hot were Ricardo who rightly came off (currently a shadow of his former self but of course is recovering from a serious injury) & I wasn't too convinced by Calagar, though he grew into the game as it went on.

It's abundantly clear that Nacho is very, very good alongside Vardy (& hopefully will be with his successor) and with either Maddison or Perez in support. Nacho & Perez have been wasted by management & lambasted by supporters in the past when played out of position. Some players are simply not utility players & don't adapt too well - they HAVE to be played in their correct positions. Nacho & Perez are two such players.
The difficult decision comes when Maddison is fit as BR tries to accommodate everyone, I have been Nachos biggest critic on here it is great to see him scoring goals, Vardy is creating so much space for those around him it is only a matter of time before he starts scoring.

Perez is still a squad player for me as Maddison is a far better player although it was great to see Perez playing well and scoring. Funny how injuries have helped BR find a stable formation that has made him play his players in their natural position.

Great result!

Maddison replaces Perez nothing else will change until Barnes is fit
I saw Brendan today too, he was just going into Greggs but obviously you caught him at a more opportune time.

No doubt going in to buy a couple of Belgian buns. He's a man of undeniable taste is our Bren.

No doubt going in to buy a couple of Belgian buns. He's a man of undeniable taste is our Bren.
Sky sources suggesting he swooped for a vegan sausage roll and is lining up a raid on a toffee yumyum during the Wednesday pastry window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757