Leicester car park increases

Status
Not open for further replies.
About three weeks ago I hated the idea of public transport. Since my car got nicked and I have had to get the bus to work I have done a complete 180 and am thinking of getting rid of my car. I am lucky in that the bus picks me up 30 seconds from my front door and drops me off likewise, and I can get a bus into town and then on to oadby for £10 a week with no waiting in between buses.

I am seriously loving just sitting back and listening to my MP3 player every morning rather than battling with other drivers, and it only adds 5 minutes onto my journey each way.

Whilst I agree with Matt (someone whose has to drive to work every day). With all the regeneration of the city, they needs to be some improvements to the ring road for cars and a better bus/train service. Much of the traffic every morning is down to road planning which means everyone getting into one lane.

I suggest a tram service or maybe even an underground if the city really wants to make an example of themselves.

Whilst I agree with Matt (someone whose has to drive to work every day). With all the regeneration of the city, they needs to be some improvements to the ring road for cars and a better bus/train service. Much of the traffic every morning is down to road planning which means everyone getting into one lane.

I suggest a tram service or maybe even an underground if the city really wants to make an example of themselves.

The council seem to lack intelligence with roadworks. With the blocked St Margarets way into town you would think they would alter the traffic light timings to allow the extra traffic through at the crossroads next to BnQ. Instead they leave tham as is and so you are sat letting 3 or 4 cars through when you have x amount more cars.

It's always the same situation

Just wait until the Upperton Road bridges are removed next summer. They reckon that they are going to be able to do it and keep the road open to traffic.

Just wait until the Upperton Road bridges are removed next summer. They reckon that they are going to be able to do it and keep the road open to traffic.

Are they getting rid completely and regrading the road or just replacing?

The council seem to lack intelligence with roadworks. With the blocked St Margarets way into town you would think they would alter the traffic light timings to allow the extra traffic through at the crossroads next to BnQ. Instead they leave tham as is and so you are sat letting 3 or 4 cars through when you have x amount more cars.

It's always the same situation

It's just bonkers around there. St Maggies' Way is closed. So the alternatives are Woodgate A50 which has a crossroads with Fosse Road causing chaos and then Abbey Lane/Belgrave Circle which has a crossroad with the A6 both ways (this road also bottlenecks into one lane) and then opens up to 4. If you want to get into town you go the whole way around towards London Road because you don't want to face another roundabout.

Then on the way back home, St.Maggies Way has mentioned has a terrible traffic light system leaving everyone gridlocked around the road meaning I am delayed because I want to go down Ravensbridge. Now once I get down Ravensbridge, that can be backing up because they have started roadworks on Anstey Lane for a time.

Add in the Pork Pie Roundabout, Catherine Street and a some new'uns on Stoughton Road, basically we are a city of roadworks.

Absolute braindead situation!!

The buses from where i am are shite. there is one service - the arriva 51A. If i catch this bus during term time i have to get the 7.50 if i miss it, then i have to catch it with all the school kids that get on on Braunstone Lane, making me late for work. If i get the 7.50 i get to work by 8.15 when i don't have to start until 9.00

If i drive i can leave the house at least half an hour later (i like my sleep) and still be at work on time.

Then leaving work is even worse. the bus leaves town from [That road where iceland/argos is] at 5.10. getting from New Walk to there in 10 mins is a bit of a push.

It is also £1.90 to get into town now or £12 for a 10-trip ticket. Petrol is cheaper!

they will make the road system in leics as difficult as possible for cars to try to encourage you onto the public transport.

Are they getting rid completely and regrading the road or just replacing?

They're flattening the road completely.

The local road that goes under the bridge will be severed with neither end of it having direct access to Upperton Road. A Toucan-type crossing will be provided for Great Central Way users to cross Upperton road

I noticed yesterday that First have sent all there 'big buses' like the 26 to St Maggies Bus Station for pick-up's. Our 74 is now at a bigger bus stop. Maybe they are getting some stops outside Haymarket for Arriva because Belgrave Road is a joke with the bus coming down.

They should have left High Street alone.

They're flattening the road completely.

The local road that goes under the bridge will be severed with neither end of it having direct access to Upperton Road. A Toucan-type crossing will be provided for Great Central Way users to cross Upperton road

oh right. Doesnt seem like to bad an idea. Will make my parking near the western more difficult though. May have to re-think that one.

I noticed yesterday that First have sent all there 'big buses' like the 26 to St Maggies Bus Station for pick-up's. Our 74 is now at a bigger bus stop. Maybe they are getting some stops outside Haymarket for Arriva because Belgrave Road is a joke with the bus coming down.

They should have left High Street alone.

I do like the fact that the new 25 now does the same route into town as the 26. Although with the St Mags works the 74 also detours and terminates at the Haymarket, rather than St Mags bus station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669