Pre Match Leicester City v Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their fans aren’t particularly confident:

It’s quite bizarre to be reading premier league teams being terrified of us again. It’s much like THAT season in that respect.

they really do seem worried about getting walloped.

Head-to-head

• Leicester have won four of the past eight Premier League meetings, as many as they managed in the previous 30 top-flight encounters.
  • Everton have kept just one clean sheet in their last 13 league games against Leicester.
Leicester City

• Leicester are looking to win six consecutive top-flight matches for the first time since their club record run of seven in March 1963.
  • The Foxes have scored 17 unanswered league goals, the best such run in their history.
  • They could equal their top-flight record of five consecutive clean sheets.
  • Leicester are unbeaten at home this season and have lost just one of their last 12 Premier League games at the King Power Stadium, winning nine and drawing two.
  • They have kept a Premier League-high six clean sheets this season and have the division's best defensive record, conceding just eight goals.
  • With three goals and two assists, Jamie Vardy has been directly involved in their last five goals in the competition.
  • Brendan Rodgers is unbeaten in his last seven Premier League games against Everton, winning one and drawing six.
Everton

• Everton are looking to win consecutive away league games for the first time since September 2016.
  • However, the Toffees are winless in their last 32 away league games against sides starting the day in the top four (D10, L22).
  • Their tally of 14 points after 13 matches is eight fewer than they had in Marco Silva's debut season in charge last year.
  • Everton are winless in 17 Premier League away matches on a Sunday, drawing four and losing 13.
  • They are winless in all 23 league fixtures under Silva when they have conceded the first goal, drawing four and losing 19.
  • Silva was sacked as Watford manager following a 2-0 Premier League defeat at Leicester in January 2018.

Those stats say this should be a non contest, but football ain't like that!
still, 4 - 0 City [the City }

I ****ing hate Everton. Back in the day they always got a 0-0 with unsworth scoring a pen to win 0-0 every ****ing game.
Staying up on 0 goal difference every season. That may have bèen a season or two but they're just Coventry really if you're my age.

I ****ing hate Everton. Back in the day they always got a 0-0 with unsworth scoring a pen to win 0-0 every ****ing game.
Staying up on 0 goal difference every season. That may have bèen a season or two but they're just Coventry really if you're my age.
I know what you mean.
Only two teams I have known, never outside the top division, these and Arsenal.
Everton seem to be turning into a modern Coventry
Hopefully they will succumb the same fate.
( although I believe they should have gone in the 90’s, but for a cheating Wimbledon keeper, Segers wasn’t it? )

I know what you mean.
Only two teams I have known, never outside the top division, these and Arsenal.
Everton seem to be turning into a modern Coventry
Hopefully they will succumb the same fate.
( although I believe they should have gone in the 90’s, but for a cheating Wimbledon keeper, Segers wasn’t it? )

Aye. It's not even just a modern thing IMO. I remember being a young lad and my ma asking if i could be arsed going to the game (home or away) as we were playing Everton.....we went to some shit in league one/champ but nowt compared to Everton. I recently mentioned getting tickets for the league cup games and tried selling it to her as it might be a reserve game. Their current manager is perfect for them.

Well we played these at home on the happiest day of my life so regardless of the result on Sunday I’ll be thinking about that impossible, dreamlike day when big Wes lifted the trophy.

Well we played these at home on the happiest day of my life so regardless of the result on Sunday I’ll be thinking about that impossible, dreamlike day when big Wes lifted the trophy.

A fantastic 3-1 draw for them too. The bunch of ****s.

Sweet nostalgia time. My first ever City match was Everton at home. September 1976. I was 11. A far away,long ago period in history.

No internet,no computers,no mobile phones.In fact, hardly any phones at all.
It was an era when the phrase "are you on the phone?" still existed in the English language (as in do you have a phone in your house rather than are you talking on it right now. The answer was normally no)

Virtually nobody had a bank account. people would have roared with laughter at the notion of paying to watch telly & you could get pissed on 2 quid. Fags were 40p for 20.

Frank Worthington was the one true God. He scored ours in a 1-1 draw & that was heaven for me.

Tomorrow of course I'm settling for nothing less than a humiliating thrashing for the Scouse scum live in frint of the nation & their hopeless tit of a manager sacked in the dressing room after.

Put on a show for the viewers lads, we've got Man City & Liverpool this month, lets have them shitting themselves watching.

Sweet nostalgia time. My first ever City match was Everton at home. September 1976. I was 11. A far away,long ago period in history.

No internet,no computers,no mobile phones.In fact, hardly any phones at all.
It was an era when the phrase "are you on the phone?" still existed in the English language (as in do you have a phone in your house rather than are you talking on it right now. The answer was normally no)

Virtually nobody had a bank account. people would have roared with laughter at the notion of paying to watch telly & you could get pissed on 2 quid. Fags were 40p for 20.

Frank Worthington was the one true God. He scored ours in a 1-1 draw & that was heaven for me.

Tomorrow of course I'm settling for nothing less than a humiliating thrashing for the Scouse scum live in frint of the nation & their hopeless tit of a manager sacked in the dressing room after.

Put on a show for the viewers lads, we've got Man City & Liverpool this month, lets have them shitting themselves watching.
Jumpers for goalposts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469