Pre Match Leicester v Birmingham. FA Cup r5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some academy lad who never made it with us

Meanwhile, back at Wednesday’s game. Vardy is ruled out of this ... still injured.

Wow

FA Cup not good enough for us any more, then?

Holy Jebus, modern football truly has gone to shit....
It has never really interested me. It’s okay though Homer, you are still allowed to like it.

When I was growing up the FA Cup was the holy grail. Both my brothers and all my friends supported teams that had won it and it really grated with me that Leicester never had.

As the years passed it didn't quite have the same meaning to me. After the 2015-2016 season it has started to take on the old almost desperate want to win it. Winning the Premier League was something that I never ever expected Leicester to do, if we won it again I don't think I will get the same feeling I did that season. Winning the FA Cup for the first time is starting to become the holy grail again.

Play what should be the first team (excluding Vards)

Kasper

Ricardo
Soyuncu
Evans
Fuchs
Justin

Wilf
Praet
Maddison

Nacho
Perez

I expect a strong team for this one considering we’re not playing again until the following Monday night:

Kasper

Justin
Soyuncu
Evans
Fuchs

Ricardo
Ndidi
Praet
Maddison
Barnes

Nacho

I find it amazing that we don't have another striker option. Is it maybe worth playing a 4321 formation, with Maddison and Perez playing between the midfield and Nacho man and go with the standard back four, with N'didi central between Tielemans and Praet? We might lack width with this, but to be fair, we've been useless with wide play anyway so not much lost. Go through the middle, keep it compact and hope our higher quality of play gets us more penetration and a nice, morale boosting 3-0 win?

Looks like there's a lot of tickets left

According to the ever reliable Sean from Enderby:

Ward

Chilwell
Bennett
Soyuncu
Ricardo

Choudhury

Barnes
Tielemans
Praet
Gray