Pre Match Leicester v Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
best way I see us being able to play Vardy and Nacho together is something like this

1813207_Leicester_City.jpg

Yeah, that's really it. Hard to play 4-4-2 with Maddison.

Even narrower than a narrow boat?
I don’t know if it’s that narrow. Just using Boc’s barge as a reference because it’s something we’re all familiar with.

I have no idea why we refer to Boc’s boat as a barge but I find it really amusing.

And subs at half time perhaps? I read yesterday they don't count as part of the 'blocks' (getting frekkin' silly this, back to rush goalies and jumpers for goalposts for me)

And subs at half time perhaps? I read yesterday they don't count as part of the 'blocks' (getting frekkin' silly this, back to rush goalies and jumpers for goalposts for me)

Nobody really used this silly rule effectively.

For example we could rotate two of our four players Barnes, Albrighton, Perez and Gray at half time each match. They get a clear directive to go full on for 45 mins and we still get three second half subs as and when.

Nobody really used this silly rule effectively.

For example we could rotate two of our four players Barnes, Albrighton, Perez and Gray at half time each match. They get a clear directive to go full on for 45 mins and we still get three second half subs as and when.
I get the idea but the problem with that for Leicester is those 4 can be equally shite & then it leaves nothing for the last 10 minutes if all 4 have put in a pants performanc for the 1st 80 minute. Gray was good when he came on but when was the last time he did well for 45...

I think it will be as you were, depending on fitness.

There might be a temptation to rest players for this with the FA Cup Quarter Final on Sunday, but Tues-Sun feels like a long enough rest - particularly as Chelsea don't play until Thursday and are playing Man City and need the league points, so can't see them resting players for that.

With 5th likely to get Champs lge football this year

I'm not so sure. The powers that be have made it clear on more than one occasion that they don't want the Leicester, Sheffields and Wolves of this world in their elite competition as it doesn't pull in the telly figures that the "big" clubs have. For that reason I can't see Man City not being in the competition.

They have been kicked out so that UEFA have been seen to do something. If the CAS then reinstates them (as I think it will) then UEFA can turn round and say that they tried to punish Man City but it was overturned and out of their hands.

They all meet up in the bar afterwards and congratulate themselves on a job well done.

I'm not so sure. The powers that be have made it clear on more than one occasion that they don't want the Leicester, Sheffields and Wolves of this world in their elite competition as it doesn't pull in the telly figures that the "big" clubs have. For that reason I can't see Man City not being in the competition.

They have been kicked out so that UEFA have been seen to do something. If the CAS then reinstates them (as I think it will) then UEFA can turn round and say that they tried to punish Man City but it was overturned and out of their hands.

They all meet up in the bar afterwards and congratulate themselves on a job well done.

I'm moving forward under the assumption that Man City will be in the Champions League next season.

Mostly the same team for me but I'd play... Well... anyone else over Albrighton. Do we choose Gray who invariably goes back to being utter ballsack after his exciting 15 minute cameo? Do we play Perez out wide? Do we change shape to accommodate Praet or Iheanacho? I do feel bad writing that as I love Albrighton but I fear time may have caught up with him. I suppose we could stick with him but like I said in the post match thread, he needs to be a regular starter to get the best out of him so we may have to put up with a couple more games of dross before we see his quality.

Who knows. It won't make much of a difference to the entertainment value. It will still be ****ing terrible to watch.

Who knows. It won't make much of a difference to the entertainment value. It will still be ****ing terrible to watch.
I think my plan is to Sky+ it and then decide afterwards whether I can be arsed to sit through the 90 mins.

Mostly the same team for me but I'd play... Well... anyone else over Albrighton. Do we choose Gray who invariably goes back to being utter ballsack after his exciting 15 minute cameo? Do we play Perez out wide? Do we change shape to accommodate Praet or Iheanacho? I do feel bad writing that as I love Albrighton but I fear time may have caught up with him. I suppose we could stick with him but like I said in the post match thread, he needs to be a regular starter to get the best out of him so we may have to put up with a couple more games of dross before we see his quality.

Id stick with Albrighton. Plenty players have looked rusty for not just our team since the return. His performance vs Villa before the league shut down was better than anything Gray has done or will ever do.

Id stick with Albrighton. Plenty players have looked rusty for not just our team since the return. His performance vs Villa before the league shut down was better than anything Gray has done or will ever do.
Finding it hard to argue with that to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757