Match Thread Leicester v Chelsea (FA Cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Madders? Is he crocked?

Be interesting to see how we get on without Maddison. Gives Praet and Tielemans a chance to step up (and hopefully find some form).

Would like to see more creativity on the bench, Mendy could have been left off for one of the young forwards but starting 11 wise very happy

Shame to see Maddison miss out as I still think he can always create us something and always a threat from a well placed direct free kick.

Still though, be interesting to see how the two Belgians get on with Ndidi there also.

Not confident about this at all though as we need to be completely different from our first two games back if we are to even have a chance.

Glad Praet is starting, but looks like it’s only because of Maddison’s injury.

I’ve said it numerous times this season, but we really need to add some quality to our wide forwards. The fact we’re back to playing the terrible Perez says it all about the quality we have there.

On form, Maddison is one of our best players by a mile and certainly one of our most creative. Unfortunately, he's been well off the pace for the last two games. Whether that was to do with injury or something else is neither here nor there, he needed replacing. To say he wouldn't be in our best eleven however is mental. He's had a far better season than Tielemans for a start. It was interesting to read that many commentators (at least 3 I have read and a comment from Mark Lawrenson) had Maddison as our best player against Brighton... I think they must've been watching a different game!

Praet deserves his place today but my worry with him is that he never looks forward. He's not a creative player, more a 'safe pair of feet' and I really can't see with Ndidi, Praet and the current Tielemans we are seeing, where we are going to be in any way imaginative in creating openings.

could be that Praet sits as a deep lying ball player, that's how he was playing with Wilf out before the shut down, Wilf goes more box-to-box Kante esq marauding ball winner and Tielemans pulling the strings creatively

could be that Praet sits as a deep lying ball player, that's how he was playing with Wilf out before the shut down, Wilf goes more box-to-box Kante esq marauding ball winner and Tielemans pulling the strings creatively
I agree that the creativity must come from Tielemans given the personnel but he's been woefully short of ideas of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263