Pre Match Leicester v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky79

I'd love to see the below team against Man City and somehow get a win. Would be a club changing next step for us.
If we've got Barnes back for the FA Cup Semi then that will be epic.
When you think of the contribution Morgan, Fuchs, Thomas and Mendy have made this season its remarkable.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

I'd love to see the below team against Man City and somehow get a win. Would be a club changing next step for us.
If we've got Barnes back for the FA Cup Semi then that will be epic.
When you think of the contribution Morgan, Fuchs, Thomas and Mendy have made this season its remarkable.

Schmeichel
Fofana Evans Soyuncu
Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy
Morgan? If you’re talking about his contribution you may as well throw in Ward, whose had more starts.

Morgan? If you’re talking about his contribution you may as well throw in Ward, whose had more starts.
Yeah forgot Amartey too, who has been part of several great wins

I really want us to be brave here and absolutely shred Peps borefest to pieces.

I want to both add balance and get the ball rolling....

...we'll get dicked.

It could be an interesting contest, a battle of ideologies or some such. Who counters who, as both like possession. I would guess BR will cede the battle of possession stats and opt for a slightly tighter defensive formation. Barnes will be missed as his pace and directness would worry Man City's defence.

I'll be pleased to get anything out of this one in honesty but fortune favours the brave (so they say) and the way to beat them is to have at them. Man City's weakness is to get them on the back foot, have them defend.

I want to both add balance and get the ball rolling....

...we'll get dicked.

It could be an interesting contest, a battle of ideologies or some such. Who counters who, as both like possession. I would guess BR will cede the battle of possession stats and opt for a slightly tighter defensive formation. Barnes will be missed as his pace and directness would worry Man City's defence.

I'll be pleased to get anything out of this one in honesty but fortune favours the brave (so they say) and the way to beat them is to have at them. Man City's weakness is to get them on the back foot, have them defend.
Man City cannot defend.

I wouldn't say they can't defend. But the main reasons they concede so few goals is that they don't need to defend. They dominate possession, so their opponents don't have as many opportunities to attack. And teams are scared to commit a lot of players forward against them.
Get at them and their defence doesn't look that great.

We proved how to play against them early in the season Man Utd adopted the same approach and did very well well from it. A draw would be great a win would be massive for us, I think we need 3 or 4 more wins to consolidate a top four spot.

Should be a good open game really. No reason for both sides not to have a good go.

theoritically, at least, they will be thinking about managing their squad through 4 competitions of which the premier league is the least pressing, so maybe catch them with their eye off the ball.

Should be a good open game really. No reason for both sides not to have a good go.

theoritically, at least, they will be thinking about managing their squad through 4 competitions of which the premier league is the least pressing, so maybe catch them with their eye off the ball.
They play Dortmund 3 days after our game against them, but with their squad it’s not exactly an issue for them to rotate players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757