Pre Match Leicester v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their current form doesn't suggest so. They are not playing particularly well, no where near as good as they should be.

Maybe I'm riding the good wave from yesterday still, but I'm actually not that bothered about this game yet - in a good way!

Maybe I'm being naiive, but I see this as a bit of a free hit. We'll probably lose, Man City are a very good team (despite what people on here would have you think) and have been very solid recently. But we've got a good record against them in recent years and have shown we can open them up before, so we've got a chance.

But even if we lose, I think we probably only need 4 wins from our remaining 9 games. I don't see this as one of them but there's other games that look far more likely.

Most teams will lose to Man City, so if we get anything here it's a good result. But if we don't, I don't reckon it matters too much. The West Ham result yesterday did us a huge favour

But also yeah doesn't really matter too much. There are other games that will more readily decide the season.

Ricardo and Maddison available.

Under still out. And Barnes, obviously. And Justin, even more obviously.

Is this the most availability the squad has had all season?

If Madders is fully fit the team picks itself:

Kasper

Soyuncu
Evans
Fofana

Castagne
Ricardo

Tielemans
Ndidi
Maddison

Vardy
Nacho

Bloody good side that. And it’s missing our best full back and best winger.

Yep, has to be that side the players available.

And it looks bloody good too

This will be a fascinating team selection from BR. Will he overthink it? Will we go for it?

My opinion is that we'll not play the side MA suggests. We are likely to be out of possession more than in most games. Therefore, I want a solid shape, energy in the side and pace on the break.

I fear for us if we play Castagne against Mahrez. Castagne is no good at left back in my opinion. Do we need three central defenders against Man City, who often don't even play one striker? Surely we'd be better off with an extra midfielder?

My line up is a 4-4-2 diamond:

Schmeichel
Castagne Fofana Evans Ricardo
Ndidi
Praet Tielemans
Perez
Iheanacho Vardy

I'd leave out Soyuncu as he's played three times over the international break and will be tired. Maddison hasn't played for 6 weeks so I'd be surprised to see him come straight in, especially as Perez did very well against Man Utd. And I'd prefer Praet for Albrighton.

Our bench for this is finally looking strong. Based on my line up we'd have: Ward, Amartey, Thomas, Fuchs, Soyuncu, Mendy, Choudhury, Albrighton, Maddison.

Ricardo and Maddison available.

Under still out. And Barnes, obviously. And Justin, even more obviously.

Is this the most availability the squad has had all season?

If Madders is fully fit the team picks itself:

Kasper

Soyuncu
Evans
Fofana

Castagne
Ricardo

Tielemans
Ndidi
Maddison

Vardy
Nacho

Bloody good side that. And it’s missing our best full back and best winger.
What about Tavares? FFS

Referee: Paul Tierney.
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Simon Long.
Fourth official: Peter Bankes.
VAR: Michael Oliver.
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood.

Head-to-head

• Leicester are vying to complete a league double over Manchester City for the first time since the 1986-87 season.
  • The Foxes, who won 5-2 at the Etihad Stadium in September, can become the first team to score six top-flight goals in a season against a side managed by Pep Guardiola.
Leicester City

• Leicester's last top-flight victory against a side who began the day top of the table came at Manchester United in January 1998.
  • They are winless in 15 subsequent Premier League games against the league leaders, losing 13.
  • The Foxes have lost six home league matches this season - Everton are the only top-half side with a worse record.
  • Jamie Vardy has eight goals in nine top-flight games against Pep Guardiola's Manchester City, twice as many as any other player has scored against sides managed by the Spaniard.
  • Vardy, who has just one goal in his past 16 appearances, has scored two of his three Premier League hat-tricks against Guardiola's City.
Manchester City

• Manchester City have won eight successive away league fixtures, scoring a total of 22 goals and conceding just three.
  • Pep Guardiola's side have won 25 of their past 26 matches in all competitions, including a club record 14 consecutive away fixtures.
  • They have conceded just eight top-flight away goals this season, four fewer than any other side.
  • Gabriel Jesus, who turns 24 on Sunday, has four goals in his five Premier League games versus Leicester.
  • Riyad Mahrez has been directly involved in four goals in his last three league appearances against his former side, scoring two goals and assisting two more.
  • Sergio Aguero has scored 257 goals in 384 games for Manchester City, and has the best minutes-per-goal ratio in Premier League history, averaging a goal every 108 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757