Pre Match Leicester v Manchester United FA Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head-to-head

• Leicester's only win in the past 25 meetings - spanning 23 years - was by 5-3 at the King Power Stadium in the Premier League in September 2014 (W1, D5, L19).
  • That's their solitary home victory over United in 14 attempts.
  • Manchester United won both previous FA Cup meetings: 3-1 in the 1963 final and 2-1 away in the fifth round in 1975-76.
Leicester City

• Leicester hold the unenviable record for most FA Cup final appearances without winning the trophy. The last of their four finals came in 1969.
  • The Foxes have not reached the FA Cup semi-finals since 1982; they have since lost five quarter-finals, the last three of them all against Chelsea (2020, 2018, 2012).
  • Each of their eight goals in the FA Cup this season has been scored by a different player.
  • Leicester have lost seven of their 16 domestic home games this season, although they've won five out of seven in 2021.
  • Brendan Rodgers has lost 11 of his 14 meetings with Man Utd, failing to win any of the last seven.
Manchester United

• Manchester United have gone 29 away games without defeat in all domestic competitions (W21, D8).
  • They have won the FA Cup 12 times, second only to Arsenal's 14.
  • The Red Devils are looking to reach the semi-finals for a record 31st time, surpassing Arsenal.
  • United are in the quarter-finals for a club record-extending seventh consecutive season.

How many centruries was it that we hadn't won at Arsenal? Seems the secret to recent success against these is having Gloria and Hammond in midfield.

I think I've had enough of experts. Can someone please post a picture of a kitten or something, I need positive vibes.

Listening to these pricks on BT sport I think both teams are winners tomorrow as our game is on BBC.

Listening to these pricks on BT sport I think both teams are winners tomorrow as our game is on BBC.

It is genuinely awful, and actually made me physically wince on three or four occasions

It is genuinely awful, and actually made me physically wince on three or four occasions

Ture. But not as bad as the emphatic play on celebration by the referee there for the goal.....thats not dodgy as **** is it.

You lot are actually starting to make me feel like not watching!

I don't do false optimism but I see no reason why we shouldn't feel up to this. Stats are just that, and as the financiers like to say, tell us what HAS happened but are no guarantee of what WILL happen.

Nah, we're capable of beating them - if we play our game to our strengths. I don't buy this "we always shit ourselves" talk either. There's way more that influences a player's performance than simply playing a 'big x' club that "we've" never beaten before. There isn't a "we" here - I've seen us play ManU more often many of our guys have played them; each game is a new game. Besides, magic of the FA cup and all that.... no, now that would be 'false optimism'!

Got the washing line out for the first time this year. I’m going to do a bit of baking s’afto. Make a curry, need to get some paneer actually. I’ll be nice and pissed by five o’clock and I’m almost certain I’ll have a lovely time watching it and posting absolute crap on here with my curry and snacks.

2-1 to the super Foxes. Sir Ian Nacho with the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757