Pre Match Leicester v Southampton - FA Cup Semi Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is lacking the excitement and anticipation you'd hope to see when your team makes an FA Cup Semi Final for the first time since 1982. We can reach an FA Cup final this weekend for fecks sake!

We need to get over ourselves following our last two results and our 'stars' idiocy.

Yes, we've lost our last two matches, but when did we last lose three games in a row under BR? Never that's when.

We have to trust BR to get the players right mentally for this match. I don't see any reason why it won't come together into a strong performance. And we know how a strong performance against Southampton can work out.

Our only three visits to the 'new' Wembley have been in a tepid Charity Shield and two defeats to Spurs when they played there. It's about time we won there again - it's been more than 20 years now.

From now on, I think we should bin the anger and the negativity. We should be right up for this. This is a special week for our club. Let's fecking enjoy it.

This thread is lacking the excitement and anticipation you'd hope to see when your team makes an FA Cup Semi Final for the first time since 1982. We can reach an FA Cup final this weekend for fecks sake!

We need to get over ourselves following our last two results and our 'stars' idiocy.

Yes, we've lost our last two matches, but when did we last lose three games in a row under BR? Never that's when.

We have to trust BR to get the players right mentally for this match. I don't see any reason why it won't come together into a strong performance. And we know how a strong performance against Southampton can work out.

Our only three visits to the 'new' Wembley have been in a tepid Charity Shield and two defeats to Spurs when they played there. It's about time we won there again - it's been more than 20 years now.

From now on, I think we should bin the anger and the negativity. We should be right up for this. This is a special week for our club. Let's fecking enjoy it.
If we don’t bottle this we’ll only get bummed in the final.

;)

This kind of argument (I hesitate to call it logic) always makes me smile. What's it financiers say, 'past performance is no guarantee of' something or other. It's a new flip of the coin. I prefer the 'they're shit' line of thinking tbh

The passion is dead mate. People can't get excited about anything these days. It's a sad state of affairs.

I think there would be more excitement if we were planning things like which train to catch, where to park, which pub to meet in etc etc.
whereas what he have to look forward to is a game played in a cavernous stadium in front of a few thousand spectators who have no interest other than having an evening out.

Cripes, I'd forgotten it was to be played before an audience of passer-bys, Bert and his dog etc. FA cup semi to any given Sunday at the local rec. Empty stadiums are surreal enough, this is going to be surrealererererer

Cripes, I'd forgotten it was to be played before an audience of passer-bys, Bert and his dog etc. FA cup semi to any given Sunday at the local rec. Empty stadiums are surreal enough, this is going to be surrealererererer
Why don't they have a few thousand dogs watch the match instead? It would be more entertaining than the current plan.

It's going to be ****ing wank. It's actually quite ridiculous.

Lord I love your brevity Lako, Indeed, I aspire to such degrees of succinctness. I am, unfortunately, naturally verbose.

I toyed with a rephrase (it's wank, it's ridiculous) but decided '****ing' was essential. In short, once again you've nailed it.

The ****ishness of a few of our players has dampened my enthusiasm somewhat. I'm sure it'll be back by Sunday. I hate them even more because, whether or not it is nonsensical, it has tainted this match for me.

My line up:

Schmeichel
Castagne Fofana Soyuncu Thomas
Tielemans Ndidi
Ricardo Maddison Albrighton
Iheanacho

Subs: Ward, Amartey, Evans, Fuchs, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Perez, Vardy

Rationale - Castagne is shocking at left back. Thomas offers the balance. Evans has been shit for weeks. Ricardo and Albrighton covering their full backs and offer a creativity. Vardy needs benching. He might be okay as an impact sub - he's sure as shit no good at anything else right now.

Obvs won't happen.

Absofuckinglutely spot on.

The narrative is clear to anyone, or at least it should be:

We stuff the Saints, then we line up at Wembley for the final with 6 regulars out injured & lose by the record score for an FA Cup final. We then go on to lose out on the CL & finish 6th. Everyone decent leaves in the Summer, Vardy retires unexpectedly, we spend the transfer cash on shite, finish mid-table, BR gets the sack.

The following season we go through 3 managers including a caretaker & get relegated.
The first match at the newly expanded stadium is an opening day Championship fixture against newly promoted Rotherham in front of 15,000. We lose 2-1.

The owners finally sell up to a consortium lead by a large bookmaker. Some highly suspect results follow.

Let's remember who we are.

We Are Leicester !! (all of the above is therefore long overdue)

Last edited:
Absofuckinglutely spot on.

The narrative is clear to anyone, or at least it should be:

We stuff the Saints, then we line up at Wembley for the final with 6 regulars out injured & lose by the record score for an FA Cup final. We then go on to lose out on the CL & finish 6th. Everyone decent leaves in the Summer, Vardy retires unexpectedly, we spend the transfer cash on shite, finish mid-table, BR gets the sack.

The following season we go through 3 managers including a caretaker & get relegated.
The first match at the newly expanded stadium is an opening day Championship fixture against newly promoted Rotherham in front of 15,000. We lose 2-1.

The owners finally sell up to a consortium lead by a large bookmaker. Some highly suspect results follow.

Let's remember who we are.

We Are Leicester !! (all of the above is therefore long overdue)
Losing 9-0 in the final would be a neat way to follow up beating Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263