Pre Match Leicester Vs Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head-to-head
  • Leicester have won the past three Premier League meetings, latterly by a 1-0 scoreline at the King Power Stadium in February 2016.
  • However, Norwich have won three of their five most recent away league games against Leicester, all in the Championship.
Leicester City
  • Leicester have established a club record of eight consecutive top-flight victories, scoring at least twice in each.
  • They can now equal their longest winning streak in all competitions - 10 in a row, set between December 1962 and March 1963.
  • The club's longest run of league victories is nine in a row from December 2013 to February 2014 in the Championship.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side would become only the seventh club to win nine successive Premier League fixtures.
  • The Foxes could go nine games unbeaten at home from the start of a top-flight season for the first time since 1962.
  • They have lost just one of their past 14 league matches at the King Power Stadium (W11, D2).
  • Leicester have the division's best defensive record, conceding just 10 goals.
  • Jamie Vardy has scored in eight consecutive Premier League appearances, his best streak since a record 11-match run in 2015. He has a shot conversion rate this season of 39%, netting from 16 of his 41 attempts on goal.
  • Kelechi Iheanacho is one short of 100 Premier League appearances. He has scored in all four of his competitive appearances for Leicester this season.
  • James Maddison scored 16 goals in 53 appearances for Norwich before joining Leicester in 2018.
Norwich City
  • Norwich have equalled their worst record after 16 matches of a top-flight season, first set in 1987-88. They drew their 17th fixture that season.
  • Daniel Farke's side have only earned one win and five points from 11 games since beating Manchester City in September.
  • They have conceded the first goal in an unsurpassed 10 Premier League matches this season, losing all of them.
  • Norwich have lost 24 of the last 25 Premier League games in which they have conceded first.
  • The Canaries have conceded at least twice in 13 of their 16 league fixtures this season.
  • Todd Cantwell and Teemu Pukki have combined for five Premier League goals, more than any other pairing so far in 2019-20.

One of very few good performances in a dreadful season.
I have no memory of playing them at home that season despite the fact I would have been there. What happened in it? I guess Holloway was in by that point.

*Edit - Did Hume score really good goal in this? Long ranger, maybe a volley?

I have no memory of playing them at home that season despite the fact I would have been there. What happened in it? I guess Holloway was in by that point.

*Edit - Did Hume score really good goal in this? Long ranger, maybe a volley?
He did score, but it wasn’t long range.

This smacks of a game we can't lose. It's a game where our players will over elaborate and lose focus. Adrenaline will be running high due to the perceived opportunity to win 9 in a row. In Pukki they have a natural finisher and in Buendia and Cantwell two very technically gifted players. I foresee a sending off for a last man challenge (Soyuncu) and a 1-0 loss to the Canaries.

This smacks of a game we can't lose. It's a game where our players will over elaborate and lose focus. Adrenaline will be running high due to the perceived opportunity to win 9 in a row. In Pukki they have a natural finisher and in Buendia and Cantwell two very technically gifted players. I foresee a sending off for a last man challenge (Soyuncu) and a 1-0 loss to the Canaries.
Cantwell to score and do an elaborate handshake.

• The club's longest run of league victories is nine in a row from December 2013 to February 2014 in the Championship.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side would become only the seventh club to win nine successive Premier League fixtures

Would like to know who the other six are. I assume Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal are four. Then probably Chelsea. But Spurs? Not sure. Blackburn? Either way it’s not the kind of feat you expect from anyone other than a top top team.

also would be great for our league record to be in the top flight.

Today marks the start of seven matches over the next three weeks in three competitions, including absolutely crucial matches at Man City and at home to Liverpool. After today, four of our next five are also away.

It will be fascinating to see how Rodgers manages this period. We play a high pressing, highly physically demanding style of play. We cannot do that with the same players over all of these matches. We will need to either rotate the squad bit by bit or make wholesale changes for certain games.

The two most absurd challenges we face over this period is recovery from Wednesday's game at Everton in time for Saturday's game at Man City and then the recovery from the Boxing Day match to going to West Ham less than 48 hours later. In order to play our style effectively, we seem to need at least a clear three days between matches. We also need to make sure that we're at our absolute best for the two toughest fixtures. So the planning has to begin today.

My solution is to have two separate sides. One to play today, against Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle. The other to play at Everton, West Ham and the Wigan game. Eleven changes.

Then we can play our style in all matches and be physically up to it across each match. The gamble of rotation against Wigan is minimal but it will be a major risk at Everton and West Ham. However, both of those sides are vulnerable and we might just pull off results anyway.

What is the alternative? Think it through, there isn't really any other way unless we batter the players and probably end up being less effective across more of the matches. We cannot afford to be at anything less than our best on the 21st and 26th.

Last edited:
Rodgers will have planned this about three months ago, hence the Christmas party being on November.

He will rotate (perhaps) three players a game excluding C/B’s and Kasper in my opinion and will always (bar the two cup games) start with Vardy.

I could be wrong of course.

Today marks the start of seven matches over the next three weeks in three competitions, including absolutely crucial matches at Man City and at home to Liverpool. After today, four of our next five are also away.

It will be fascinating to see how Rodgers manages this period. We play a high pressing, highly physically demanding style of play. We cannot do that with the same players over all of these matches. We will need to either rotate the squad bit by bit or make wholesale changes for certain games.

The two most absurd challenges we face over this period is recovery from Wednesday's game at Everton in time for Saturday's game at Man City and then the recovery from the Boxing Day match to going to West Ham less than 48 hours later. In order to play our style effectively, we seem to need at least a clear three days between matches. We also need to make sure that we're at our absolute best for the two toughest fixtures. So the planning has to begin today.

My solution is to have two separate sides. One to play today, against Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle. The other to play at Everton, West Ham and the Wigan game. Eleven changes.

Then we can play our style in all matches and be physically up to it across each match. The gamble of rotation against Wigan is minimal but it will be a major risk at Everton and West Ham. However, both of those sides are vulnerable and we might just pull off results anyway.

What is the alternative? Think it through, there isn't really any other way unless we batter the players and probably end up being less effective across more of the matches. We cannot afford to be at anything less than our best on the 21st and 26th.
I suspect Kasper will be able to recover ok between games.

Rodgers will have planned this about three months ago, hence the Christmas party being on November.

He will rotate (perhaps) three players a game excluding C/B’s and Kasper in my opinion and will always (bar the two cup games) start with Vardy.

I could be wrong of course.

So you'd want us to rotate for Man City and Liverpool? Because that's what we'll have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757