Pre Match Leicester Vs West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all Chilwell's frailty at the back, we've still had one of the best defensive records in the league for a large part of this season. Only Liverpool and Sheffield Utd have conceded fewer goals than us.

I don't need to point you to an exact example. He's been absolutely woeful for the majority of the last 3 seasons. As for our defensive record, it's not been that great over the previous seasons he's played so that paradigm is nonsense. We were no worse going forward against Burnley than we had been against Norwich, Southampton, Manchester City or Liverpool. Once again, I can point you to numerous players that cover huge distances every season and remain great throughout. I can point you to others who cover the same huge distances and are as useful as a stitched up fanny. ****ing hell, if we are using his ickle bickle tired legs as an excuse where the bollock do we go when, like this season, his first few games are horse shit as well?

Can we just agree that you think he's great and I don't and leave it there? Let's concentrate on the West Ham game and how the hell we are going to approach this one. We can reignight the debate when he backs out of a challenge, dangles a leg out or misses a header at the back post for their inevitable goal.

Of course you don't have to, but when you make such a claim as:
'He's done far worse, far more often'
then it really should be quite straightforward to give just one example.

You then go on to say:
'He's been absolutely woeful for the majority of the last 3 seasons.'
but yet despite there being over 10,260 minutes of football played in this period, you cannot give one example.

Once again, I can point you to numerous players that cover huge distances every season and remain great throughout.
Once again, can you point to just one?

It's like trying to have a discussion with one of those hard Brexit types that say all these EU laws holding us back but can't actually name one of them and gives no credibility.

As I said before, if he has been so bad for so long, how has he became the first choice left back for the national team in this time and been linked to countless top teams, obviously because their management/scouting teams can see the quality and potential he possesses.

Not everything has to be so black and white either?

I don't think he is great and have never suggest so - i think he is one of the better LBs in the league but he is young and has aspects to work on. He's literally only just turned 23 too so I do not expect him to be the complete player most seem to expect him to be already. A lot of players will not peak until 25-27, if not later so why many seem so keen to cast him off already seems baffling to me.

mercury was talking about the Villa game, I don't see there being any way Wilf starts and we certainly shouldn't gamble
I think Brendan and the club's medical staff have a better idea of the risks of him playing than any of us, or anyone at the mockery.

As he's not been out for long match fitness shouldn't be an issue.

I think Brendan and the club's medical staff have a better idea of the risks of him playing than any of us, or anyone at the mockery.

As he's not been out for long match fitness shouldn't be an issue.
he still had an operation and I know they will have more details I was merely saying the Mercury had said today that he might be back for the Villa game, I personally don't see him starting tomorrow night

Misdemeanour? Have I missed something?

Brendan Rodgers on Hamza Choudhury and Ben Chilwell, who were both left out of defeat to Burnley after turning up late to a training session: "It’s something that happens at every club and misdemeanours happen. It was dealt with internally – there’s no need to broadcast.

"We've moved on. They’re young and will make mistakes, it will happen at lots of clubs. Both are available.

"You’re creating a standard. Authority is important and players need to understand that they can't miss training if they want to succeed."

Brendan Rodgers on Hamza Choudhury and Ben Chilwell, who were both left out of defeat to Burnley after turning up late to a training session: "It’s something that happens at every club and misdemeanours happen. It was dealt with internally – there’s no need to broadcast.

"We've moved on. They’re young and will make mistakes, it will happen at lots of clubs. Both are available.

"You’re creating a standard. Authority is important and players need to understand that they can't miss training if they want to succeed."
Hadn’t seen that. Good.

Misdemeanour? Have I missed something?

apparently they arrived late for Training and were fined by Wes etc. as happens in literally every club in the country.

Peter Crouch's pod had a recent ep on this, players love nothing more than grassing each other up for lateness etc. and getting each other fined, most often run by the club captain

Here's more from Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers:

On transfers: "There’s a few things going on behind the scenes but nothing imminent. We’ll look across the squad at where we can improve. "I don’t think this will be a month of a lot of activity – it’s a tough window to do anything in. If we can, we will.

On injuries and busy fixture list: "There’s no doubt the game is quicker and faster, the impact is greater. When you’re playing so many games the injuries will come. We have seen a lack of intensity in recent weeks, and we need to think of the players. They're not robots."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263