Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you look at the first eight games, we've lost two, both away at two of the biggest teams, both narrow defeats, both to soft penalties where the opposition players have gone to ground very easily, both with weak referees who were clearly intimidated by the big home crowd, and funnily enough, both whilst we have not actually played that well.

It feels as if, somehow, we are a top four side this year, and I'm not really sure how we've got to that, as I don't feel that we are actually that good. I guess it's all about comparison with the rest of the teams.

It's a weird season. No idea how it will end, but I do see a top six finish now, at least, which is incredible when you think where we were a year ago.

both with weak referees who were clearly intimidated by the big home crowd

Not sure why a top level ref would have been intimidated, there was **** all support / atmosphere / sign of life at Anfield yesterday.

Everything the media continue to peddle about that magical stadium is a lie.

It's worse than I thought it would be and I had a good inclination it would be shit.

Klopp has made appalling comments about Choudhury to divert attention from the 'penalty' dive.

As a direct consequence, Choudhury gets racially abused.

Klopp is an absolute ****. Have people in the game the guts to call him out on this? It is completely irresponsible.
He should be charged for inciting racial hatred.

He didn’t mention race

Agreed and he cannot be accused of inciting racial hatred for his comments. However, he can be accused of stiring up hatred. What does he think is going to happen when he spouts this sort of bullshit?

"It's a challenge I really don't understand how he can do it. . . for me it is only one colour . . . it's dangerous as hell . . . he has to calm down . . . it's not the first time, he has to calm down . . . these kind of challenges - no . . . I don't know how that cannot be (a red card) . . . I only need two eyes to see that, I don't need to be educated".

Aside from the fact that is was clearly not a dangerous challenge at all, calling a young player out like this in the social media age is irresponsible. He's going to set off idiots and some of those are going to pick on his race.

Apparently it was Robertson who went a bit nuts at the final whistle celebrating and in the process pushed Perez. The City players did well actually as Perez was going to twat him until they pulled him away.

The footage is around now. The two players passed each other after the final whistle and Robertson said something to Perez and shoved his elbow out. Perez immediately went nuts and pushed Robertson and then it escalated.

It's a bit odd that after the game Rodgers and Klopp said Robertson pushed Perez because that certainly didn't happen. It was the other way round. Some suggestions say Perez gave it the 'big 'un' to Robertson after the equaliser and so Robertson gave it him back.

If the officials had done their job properly, the Hamzagate wouldn't have happened.
As pointed out elsewhere, a clear push by Salah on Cags.

Also, as regards the penalty, would it have been given down the other end?
Personally, I doubt it!

Agreed and he cannot be accused of inciting racial hatred for his comments. However, he can be accused of stiring up hatred. What does he think is going to happen when he spouts this sort of bullshit?

"It's a challenge I really don't understand how he can do it. . . for me it is only one colour . . . it's dangerous as hell . . . he has to calm down . . . it's not the first time, he has to calm down . . . these kind of challenges - no . . . I don't know how that cannot be (a red card) . . . I only need two eyes to see that, I don't need to be educated".

Aside from the fact that is was clearly not a dangerous challenge at all, calling a young player out like this in the social media age is irresponsible. He's going to set off idiots and some of those are going to pick on his race.
He also only needs two eyes to see that Salah and Mane are both cheating twats.

Albrighton was a ****ing moron! Rule 1 of defending - if in doubt twat it out
This is very harsh. Albrighton done well to take it off the toe of origi in the first place. Unfortunately with Kasper coming out to the ball aswell. All the room he had disappeared. The alleged foul on mane wasn't even an attempted tackle but just Albrighton putting his foot on the ground.

This is very harsh. Albrighton done well to take it off the toe of origi in the first place. Unfortunately with Kasper coming out to the ball aswell. All the room he had disappeared. The alleged foul on mane wasn't even an attempted tackle but just Albrighton putting his foot on the ground.

This

To get on at Albrighton is harsh.

Kasper confused things a bit.

This

To get on at Albrighton is harsh.

Kasper confused things a bit.
Which is where rule 1 comes in he’s not some young lad he’s an experienced pro, experienced enough to take control boot it into touch and talk to Kasper after

It looked to me that both Kasper and albrighton pulled away to avoid a collision. But yes Row z would have stopped the penalty happening

What is annoying is everyone blaming the referee he was conned by Mane. Mane cheated and until the media start calling what they see i.e. a dive rather than saying " he bought a foul" or "had the right to go down" cheating will continue.

Let's not start analysing the penalty. It was ****ing stupid from Albrighton and a penalty was the right decision no matter how minimal the contact. We'd have been apocalyptically cross had it been one of our attackers in the box challenged like that and not awarded a penalty.

Never ever a penalty. Contact is one thing but after the softest of touches he then took a step then proceeded to dive.

Yes Albrighton should not have touched him but he didn't fall at the touch.

i think MOTD got it spot on, showed there was contact, Mane takes another touch of the ball then dives to the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363