Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the aggression at the end of the match. Having a bit of bite that we last had during the Great Escape season.

I think we really can break into the top 6 this season. Soyuncu tweeted saying we didnt win the match but we did win something and I think he was alluding to the team belief and togetherness.

My word it's so fun being a Leicester fan at the moment. I think about clubs like Sunderland and think that could well have been us.

I think we really can break into the top 6 this season. Soyuncu tweeted saying we didnt win the match but we did win something and I think he was alluding to the team belief and togetherness.

remember how Claudio always says it was the Valentine’s Day defeat against Arsenal that made him think we could do it, because it took a last minute winner for them to beat us with ten men.

well it just took a last minute soft penalty to stop us taking a point off a team that have won 17 in a row. We should definitely take the positive (much as a hate the cliche)

Music to my ears

I was saying this to my rather upset (angry) cousin at the end of the game. We've lost a point but it doesn't change our hopes for this season one bit, in fact we become stronger after that IMO.

I loved Perez losing his shit a bit, it shows that we never believed we should just be beaten there. Good ****ing lad.

I used to quite like Klopp. Now I think he is a **** with a capital K.

I used to quite like Klopp. Now I think he is a **** with a capital K.
He’s been a **** ever since he became Liverpool manager. I used to like him when he was at Dortmund.

Sir Alex said that in April 2015 he told Pearson that he was "too casual" and that he needed to show "some anger" because his club was bottom of the league. Obviously we know the rest is history.

But that bite is needed to escape tragedy or achieve glory. And we need that this season to shoot for our glory which should be Europe.

That bite will be the difference, in my opinion, as to where we finish this season. That's why I reckon Liverpool will definitely win the league after last season.

Pearson said in 2015 that his team had such a strong bond and camaraderie that he would take them to the trenches with him and they would fight to the end.

The most successful individuals also have the ability to be malevolent when needed. Having that ability and only using it at certain times. I hope to see more malevolence from our team this season.
Us vs Them should always be the approach.

How does that old proverb go? Oh yes...
Get into em, **** em up!

Prior to this match, we'd conceded 74 fouls in 7 games and we'd picked up 5 yellow cards - so one yellow for every 15 fouls.

In this match, we made 17 'fouls' and Kavanagh gave us 4 yellow cards - one for every 4 fouls.

So either we suddenly decided to be a much dirtier side or Kavanagh was picking us up for things no other ref has this season.

I'm still not over his role in our defeat. That idiot ref was so biased.

Prior to this match, we'd conceded 74 fouls in 7 games and we'd picked up 5 yellow cards - so one yellow for every 15 fouls.

In this match, we made 17 'fouls' and Kavanagh gave us 4 yellow cards - one for every 4 fouls.

So either we suddenly decided to be a much dirtier side or Kavanagh was picking us up for things no other ref has this season.

I'm still not over his role in our defeat. That idiot ref was so biased.
Or, we had to work harder against Liverpool than any other team thus far and therefore we were forced into more fouls?

Choudhury - yellow card 100 time sout of 100.
N'Didi - a few fouls led to the one that got him booked - totting up and fair.
Soyuncu - wrestled the opponent, could have both been booked but fair.
Evans, pulling back and again fair.

Or, we had to work harder against Liverpool than any other team thus far and therefore we were forced into more fouls?

Choudhury - yellow card 100 time sout of 100.
N'Didi - a few fouls led to the one that got him booked - totting up and fair.
Soyuncu - wrestled the opponent, could have both been booked but fair.
Evans, pulling back and again fair.
Yet the referee missed the most obvious push by Salah on Soyuncu? and Mane the diving prick!!!! should be a minimum 3 match ban.

On this week's "Ref's reviews" Dermot Gallagher has said that he believes that Mane would've got a free-kick for that same challenge anywhere else on the pitch. So why not in the penalty box?

If this was against Liverpool as opposed to us, I'd still maintain that our attacker dived and no penalty. I'd of course be delighted though.

If Mane had just dropped to the ground when he was actually touched I don't think this would be such a sore topic for us.

The fact that he took a step and then dived is the issue. It's almost as if you can see his thought process.

On this week's "Ref's reviews" Dermot Gallagher has said that he believes that Mane would've got a free-kick for that same challenge anywhere else on the pitch. So why not in the penalty box?

If this was against Liverpool as opposed to us, I'd still maintain that our attacker dived and no penalty. I'd of course be delighted though.

If Mane had just dropped to the ground when he was actually touched I don't think this would be such a sore topic for us.

The fact that he took a step and then dived is the issue. It's almost as if you can see his thought process.
I spoke to a very knowledgable Liverpool season ticket holder tonight and he said in an instant that it wasn't a penalty.
To add, if that is indeed a penalty I would have given away hundreds in my highly respected sunday league career.

I spoke to a very knowledgable Liverpool season ticket holder tonight and he said in an instant that it wasn't a penalty.
To add, if that is indeed a penalty I would have given away hundreds in my highly respected sunday league career.
Our Sunday league team would have given away a lot more than that :038: :icon lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263