March Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to watch the last 15 of the France Espoirs game so sadly missed seeing the much talked about Eduardo Cammavinga, who'd been subbed of by then. Fofana was indeed at right back, Benoit Badiashile (of Monaco) was the other CB alongside Kounde. As they were chasing the game, Fofana was playing an advanced role, wide right. He went on a couple of wanders and ended up at centre forward at one point.

I also missed seeing Edouard who was subbed of before Weasel Face bitch slapped Alicia Florrick. Riveting stuff...

Oh, and Kante's injured and won't be playing the next 2 games for France. A thigh muscle tear I think, no idea how long that takes to heal. He's not had the best of luck with injuries of late has our Ngolo. Maybe a full 90 for France was too much too soon?

That's the first time in the history of televised England games that I didn't watch a single minute.

Was there anything to give a shit about?

My interest in this farce is at an all time low, and that is seriously saying something.

I didn't even know they played last night until I'd seen the report on the BBC this morning.
My interest in international football nowadays is right up there with lawn bowls.

It’s not really a shock that people are disinterested, as, aside from the fact that England are largely dull to watch, the qualification phase is absolutely shite these days. Peter Taylor could get England to qualify, it’s that straightforward.

When Ward Prowse is playing and scoring in an international you know it's not a great standard. Well done to anyone who bothered.

I wonder if we'll join in with Norway and Germany in showing our distaste for the hosts of the finals. Get them tshirts on all the way until we attend the finals....that'll show the ****s.

I wonder if we'll join in with Norway and Germany in showing our distaste for the hosts of the finals. Get them tshirts on all the way until we attend the finals....that'll show the ****s.
I wondered about that, it's hardly a threat surely they should refuse to participate, if at least half a dozen big teams refused to go some action might actually happen.

That or they could take an elbow....

I wondered about that, it's hardly a threat surely they should refuse to participate, if at least half a dozen big teams refused to go some action might actually happen.

That or they could take an elbow....

A strongly worded letter to their MPs should do the trick. Bunch of hypocritical cowardly shit ****s. Still, spose it's better to make a small fuss rather than none? Or is it? Feck knows.

Much better to embarrass the shits running the country and the shits running the tournament by getting these shirts on at every opportunity. They care about their reputation, that's why they bid in the first place, so shred it

Much better to embarrass the shits running the country and the shits running the tournament by getting these shirts on at every opportunity. They care about their reputation, that's why they bid in the first place, so shred it

Why though? Don't most people know they're ****s. If it all goes ahead all that's achieved is more tshirts being sent to landfill after being useless? If we're all going ahead with their tournament then they win.

I've given up being shocked by the number of people who pay no attention to current affairs. I know they're ****s, you know they're ****s, but some people make it their work to live in ignorance. And some of them will be watching the football

I've given up being shocked by the number of people who pay no attention to current affairs.
A devil's advocate question, one intended to provoke thought rather than argument: how much attention is one supposed to pay?

For instance, I wouldn't profess for a moment to be following everything that goes on everywhere. I know for instance there's some heavy shit going down in Myanmar - and could give you a sketchy outline based on my historical knowledge - but wouldn't for a moment claim to be 'au fait'.

We're blessed (and maybe cursed) in this age of information technology to have news reports on tap but I can appreciate and understand that people have got to get the kids to school etc. Once upon a time, we knew **** all about what was happening beyond the end of the street.

I'm not defending ignorance by any stretch, simply asking how much time people are expected to invest in becoming sufficiently aware, and indeed how much - and of what - is sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263