March Internationals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prate played 71 mins for Belgium in their 8-0 win against Belarus getting a goal and an assist, Tielemans replaced him, Castagne didn’t play.

Soyuncu played for Turkey in their 3-3 draw against Latvia.

Sorry but letting Latvia score 3 is absurd

We should sell Soyuncu Immediately

Ben Nelson (U23s CB), back from injury seems to have switch international allegiances, previously played for Scotland instead played for England U17s against Watford's u23s

I cheered when Poland scored. Does that make me a bad person?

It looked offside too which makes it even better.

Chilwell getting torn a new arsehole every time Poland attack down the right. Phillips looking like he's won a competition. Stones forgetting how his feet work. Southgate playing 2 defensive midfielders against San Marino, Albania and Poland. Kane not bothering turning out for the second half. Commentators ejaculating every time they say 'Foden' or 'Mount'.

It's a run of the mill England game.

First I've watched on England in ages. Dear me. Philips in particular looks miles off it. This is a very unlikeable team.

And I've got loads of time for Southgate as a bloke, but this just is not good.

Southgate is a failed Championship manager who got the job because he was in the right place at the right time. The man is as thick as two short baguettes. He has no imagination, no plan B and makes his substitutions with five minutes left, like a new throw of the dice. I will never forgive him in the 2018 world cup. I cannot remember which match, but Sterling was having a mare and had so much space down the right hand side. He brought on Vardy in injury time. The man looks the part, sounds the part, but the wankers at the F A have to get rid of him because he is simply not up to the job. Qualifying is not enough, we need to be competitive at the highest level, and we simply are not. I hate to say this and I know it will not happen, but the best qualified Manager for England is ar Brendon

Southgate is England manager because the FA aren't that bothered about winning anything. They're happy for the England team to be an advertising showpiece for the big premier league teams' English players. That's also why harry kane is captain for no discernable reason, why southgate refused to give Vardy a chance, and why it's highly likely he won't bring Maddison to the Euros.

Proper football this weekend lads. ****ing superb that the international bollocks is over. I backed North Macedonia tonight but tother than that I've had **** all interest in the shit.

Proper football this weekend lads. ****ing superb that the international bollocks is over. I backed North Macedonia tonight but tother than that I've had **** all interest in the shit.
I watched the last 10 minutes of England. As soon as we come up against a well organised team we are out.

The only interest I have in these games is to watch any of our lot play. And, to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer they weren't.

Both the France and Germany games were on the box last night but I didn't bother watching. I don't even know (yet) what the France score was.

The only interest I have in these games is to watch any of our lot play. And, to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer they weren't.

Both the France and Germany games were on the box last night but I didn't bother watching. I don't even know (yet) what the France score was.
I'd have thought after twenty five years of England regularly qualifying (mostly in "weak" groups) needing only occasionally to get out of second gear along the way - watching these matches for fireworks, entertainment, or even the mildest of interest is akin to waking up in the morning expecting the sun to rise in the West.

English football is fully globalised, and the indigenous game has been squeezed by its progression in first the Premier League and increasingly the Academy system. Short of going back to the old days when The Football League would play representative games against the Scottish League, League of Ireland etc, there's little reason to anticipate success at the later stages and the few days of World Cup Fever between the Sweden and Croatia games in 2018 may well have been it for the next twenty five.

I can't watch England anymore as its just so predictable and boring, the group qualifying games are set up to allow the big teams to always qualify for the major competitions and that's only so the likes of Gazprom, Mastercard, Heineken etc etc can pay huge sums of money in sponsorship, they would unlikely pay big sums if it was Andorra playing Malta and the like.
When the farcical Euros start I'll watch Belgium simply because of our 3 lads playing, I mean it's not like anyone from Leicester will be playing for England so what's the point in watching them fail as usual.

I watched the last 10 minutes of England. As soon as we come up against a well organised team we are out.

I tried watching some of the first England game. I started getting flashbacks of Puel and turned it off at some point before the first goal. Not watched a second since.

I used to love international football.

There was a real character to it. I would watch Brazil in awe.

It's now a over saturated borefest. Characterless, meaningless shit.

I've not watched one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758