Micky is 'disgusted'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

So are we Micky, so are we...

Not to worry though, Fat McGhee thinks we're going up still. :roll:

Leicester City 0 v 1 Brighton and Hove Albion

Leicester boss Micky Adams branded his players' performance against Brighton "disgusting" and the worst he had witnessed in an eight-year managerial career.
The Walkers Stadium supremo was left perplexed and then furious after the Foxes were beaten 1-0 by the Seagulls, emergency striker Adam Virgo scoring the only goal in the first half.

Their latest setback left City, who had opened their 2004-05 campaign with high hopes of securing an immediate return to the Premiership, with just one Championship victory and two draws so far.

Adams, whose side had trudged off the field to a crescendo of boos at full-time, railed: "I'm disgusted. One or two of my players were average and the rest were very poor.

"That display was as poor a performance as I've ever been involved with as a manager. That was not a Micky Adams team out there, that's not the way I want to play.

"I don't want to take anything away from Brighton though because they worked as hard as any team I've ever seen. They're a good bunch of professionals and that's what I'm trying to get here."

But Seagulls boss Mark McGhee was eager for his team to avoid being typecast as a side full of perspiration rather than inspiration.

"I do not want to get sucked into saying it was merely a hard-working performance from us," said the Withdean chief.

"We put ourselves about, especially in the first half, because Leicester are a physical side with some big lads and you have to compete with that.

"But we wanted to play some football too so we passed the ball, moved it well and created opportunities. That was pleasing because it was something our fans didn't see a lot of last season when we had a different strategy.

"This year though, we're determined to play more football and we're getting better at it too. Then you look at the quality of our goal.

"When you think of people like Dion Dublin, Teddy Sheringham and Nathan Blake, who are all out-and-out strikers operating in this division, I believe any one of them would have been proud of that goal.

"Adam Virgo is a defender who's playing as a striker because of the injury situation. He's got ability but we believe he's got more ability as a centre-half than as a striker or a right-back where he's also played for us."

But despite their low-key start to the season, former Leicester boss McGhee confirmed he was convinced the Foxes would soon begin living up to their billing as favourites for promotion back to the Premiership.

The Scot said: "You never go to Leicester expecting to win but we came here with a game-plan and stuck to a strategy which worked.

"They're still my favourites for promotion and there's still no reason for me to think otherwise."

Just seen MA interviewed on SKY and he looked one very depressed man.At least he realises its not good enough and appears very concerned,I still worry that they will come out in the next match and play exactly the same i.e hoof.

I dont think depressed is the right word. He looked to me he was ready to punch someone, maybe a little stressed and looked as though he was sweating a little. Cant blame the fans for calling for his head but i think MA is doing is utmost to turn things around and probably feels the same as the fans. The one thing i think MA lacks is discipline, he doesnt seem like the sort of guy to lose it with his players and give em a right good rollicking and a kick up the ass.

oh yes a quick player analysis:

Jordan Stewart seems to lack the heart for his club. A few years ago he worked his socks off to assure himself of a future here. Now he has got it and a decent wage he just cant be arsed.

He's probally worried because Pressman is coming for him and the door is about to break!

fall on your sword MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570