New ex-players (and managers) thread

Added a bit of flair in a pretty shit season.

I've been going through all my old hard drives having a clear out of a lot of old junk, and there's a lot of football videos, going back over 20 years. Before the days of Youtube etc I used to record them from the TV and put them online, on a long gone website called The Foxes' Den.

For some reason I clicked on the file with that Charlton match yesterday. It's a recording of ITV's The Premiership, when they had the highlights, so there was no MotD. Presented by Des Lynam. Good goal by Ferdinand at the end too. We got less than 2 minutes highlights, for a match with four goals, a penalty and a red card.

I've been going through all my old hard drives having a clear out of a lot of old junk, and there's a lot of football videos, going back over 20 years. Before the days of Youtube etc I used to record them from the TV and put them online, on a long gone website called The Foxes' Den.

For some reason I clicked on the file with that Charlton match yesterday. It's a recording of ITV's The Premiership, when they had the highlights, so there was no MotD. Presented by Des Lynam. Good goal by Ferdinand at the end too. We got less than 2 minutes highlights, for a match with four goals, a penalty and a red card.

Was that the game when a Charlton player was being stretchered off after a challenge and was red carded on the stretcher?

Edit - nope; https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2001/sep/30/match.charltonathletic

If it was they didn't show it...

Dabizas was harshly sent off, Di Canio scored from the resulting penalty.

See my edit! Sav was involved, obviously.

I do remember Di Canio scoring a dodgy pen at The Walkers that season too.

And it is said that Germans don't have sense of humour.
I know someone who is spending quite a bit of time with him at the minute. Says he is hard to read but definitely has a sense of humour. He also said that the best player he ever played against or with was an Algerian winger we once knew.

I know someone who is spending quite a bit of time with him at the minute. Says he is hard to read but definitely has a sense of humour. He also said that the best player he ever played against or with was an Algerian winger we once knew.
I didn't know Marc Albrighton was Algerian

Superb headed goal today from David Nugent. Sadly for him it was at his own end. I blame the Grecian 2000.

Think there was a decent result for one of our former managers today.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463