New ex-players (and managers) thread

I’d like to thank him for his 30 odd goals that clawed the club out of its lowest point in history.

Fair point. His one great season in League One was a small part of his City career though.

The problem is that we also had to endure his five seasons in the Championship across which he somehow managed to score less goals in total than in that one season.

I remember poor application, poor finishing and poor attitude more than anything else. His going missing or convenient injuries every time the going got tough. His blaming team mates on the pitch regularly. Not bothering to make runs.

That sort of thing clouds my judgement of his time here.

Being poleaxed by that Sheffield United animal and giving his shin pad to my son the season we stayed up after playing Barnsley in the last game that saw Leeds relegated the same day down to League One is what I remember him for too.

I don't recall a lack of application from Fryatt. I can see how a combination of poor pace and playing alongside Iain Huuuuume might have given that impression though

Kevin Ellison released by Morecambe:

Danny Simpson has been released by Huddersfield

So we promoted Johansson to the first team training on the restart then release him?

Maybe he didn't agree to the terms he was offered and/or preferred the chance to build his career playing lower league games rather than youth/reserve games?

Also surprised to see him on the list though.

EDIT - also see we have decided to release the richest player in the world, no surprise he never did anything of note.

Maybe he didn't agree to the terms he was offered and/or preferred the chance to build his career playing lower league games rather than youth/reserve games?

Also surprised to see him on the list though.

EDIT - also see we have decided to release the richest player in the world, no surprise he never did anything of note.
If he’s chosen to not renew fair play to him

Could be wrong but I believe he’d have been named on the retained list if we’d offered him a contract, regardless of whether he’d accepted.

retained list shows Calvin Bassey was offered a contract before signing for Rangers

Nick Powell being a twat getting sent off after 2 bookings in quick succession as he lost his head because Middlesbrough who winning were wasting time and he didn't like it.
Nigel saw through what a wanker Powell is

Ian Baraclough has agreed terms to be the next manager of N Ireland

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757