New motherboard, and now sound won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

So about 6 weeks ago, my PC fecked up and I was told that I needed a new motherboard. After a lot of faff, finally got a replacement motherboard on the warranty.

Had it all put in by a PC repair shop, and it works again! But... the sound won't work. I've updated the drivers, but still not having much luck. When I install the driver, the sound works. But when I restart the PC, the sound has gone again.

Anyone know how to sort this out? The motherboard is an ASUS P5N73-AM, and I'm on Vista.

Oh, and I think the monitor ports on the motherboard aren't working properly either. When I plugged the monitor into the motherboard, it wouldn't come on, but when I plugged into the graphics card it's fine. Doesn't matter too much since it works from the graphics card and obviously that's the preference anyway, but I figure it's probably related.

So about 6 weeks ago, my PC fecked up and I was told that I needed a new motherboard. After a lot of faff, finally got a replacement motherboard on the warranty.

Had it all put in by a PC repair shop, and it works again! But... the sound won't work. I've updated the drivers, but still not having much luck. When I install the driver, the sound works. But when I restart the PC, the sound has gone again.

Anyone know how to sort this out? The motherboard is an ASUS P5N73-AM, and I'm on Vista.

Oh, and I think the monitor ports on the motherboard aren't working properly either. When I plugged the monitor into the motherboard, it wouldn't come on, but when I plugged into the graphics card it's fine. Doesn't matter too much since it works from the graphics card and obviously that's the preference anyway, but I figure it's probably related.

Most motherboards have an either/or system with their monitor and sound systems. If you have a graphics card installed and it is set to be the preferred graphics system then the monitor port on the motherboard will not work. Same if you have a sound card.

Have you tried turning it 'off' and then 'on' again :102:

No idea what I did differently to the first 3 or 4 times I tried sorting it out, but the sound is now working properly.

Cheers for the help anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670