New striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure anyone's claiming that are they?
I'm not sure I'm claiming anyone is. I was using hyperbole to temper enthusiasms and state my own reservations.

It doesn't seem he fairs well as a lone striker leading the line, it does seem it suits his game to be able to drop and play interchanges. He's had a brilliant streak, and maybe now it is all finally coming together for him (I genuinely hope so), but I remember a time before then and want to see this streak continue a little longer before basing any plans around him.

At the moment, it ain't broke so we don't fix it but it's certainly going to be interesting to see which way we go (if/how we accommodate him) when Barnes and Maddison are back.

It is a shame that we are not playing against any of our local rivals at the moment. Otherwise, somebody could write the post DONKEY WINS DERBY

It is a shame that we are not playing against any of our local rivals at the moment. Otherwise, somebody could write the post DONKEY WINS DERBY
I'm afraid you've lost me there. Not difficult, I know, I'm not quick on the uptake sometimes but I don't know what you are referring to and I don't want to guess or make assumptions. Or maybe it's a post intended for a different thread???

Got it! French = Cantona. It's seagulls, trawlers and sardines. We have a footballing philosopher in our midst. Welcome Eric

I think it means Derby are shit but we don't say it because it's stating the obvious.

For a while I've though that we should get Zaha in and play him on the right switching with Maddison and Barnes in behind a striker. Fabulous footballer, wouldn't be relied on to be the main focal point for us, would just need to be effective at what he does best, beat a man and create chances/shots. Can't imagine he'd be more than £40m which would be toppy for us and might need to be recouped in part by losing fringe players.

For a while I've though that we should get Zaha in and play him on the right switching with Maddison and Barnes in behind a striker. Fabulous footballer, wouldn't be relied on to be the main focal point for us, would just need to be effective at what he does best, beat a man and create chances/shots. Can't imagine he'd be more than £40m which would be toppy for us and might need to be recouped in part by losing fringe players.
Zaha? The showpony with little end product?

Incidentally, if you type Zaha into my phone it auto corrects to 'Haha'!

Zaha is bobbins. He's totally suited to palace. Bloke doesn't even dive to win pens these days.

Palace have rejected offers for 70m before.

Zaha doesn't have anything like the work ethic or attitude we'd want.

He's not going to go closing down defenders

Zaha doesn't have anything like the work ethic or attitude we'd want.

He's not going to go closing down defenders
I dont care about that, really - we have enough players to do that

I do care that's he's more than a little bit shite

Zaha is a decent player, but not what he is hyped up to be, he is also worth a lot more to palace than he would be to anyone else so can't see him leaving anytime soon unless he runs down his contract.

Eze will be a much better player the way he is going, perhaps is already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757