Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Elsby

So, the Leicester Mercury says that City fans expressing concern about City diabolical start to the season are talking "nonsense".

Well, when you get free seats and guest status your not going to be biased are you.

But when you cough up a days pay to see decent football and you care about where your heading I don't like being told I talk nonsense especially from an organisation who delivered page after page of claptrap in pre-season about what the Tigers were going to do.

What's worse, the "nonsense" quote is delivered alongside the argument that "four games is too soon to judge".

Four games - its been a season and four games, or couldn't you see from the Press box?.

I don't have any desire to see MA lose his job what I want is for him to recognise what's going wrong, to open his mind to a different and more effective approach and to see City winning again.

Like many, many others, I have expressed an honest opinion about what I think is wrong before, hopefully, it is too late to put it right this season.

What a pity the Leicester Mercury are so busy protecting their favoured position at the City that they don't get a bit more demanding in their reports, a bit more critical of players not performing or not being fit to do their job.

If the Leicester Mercury let City know that they and their fans didn't want and wouldn't put up with second-rate football in a first class City they we, perhaps, would never have had this crisis.

Bring back Laurie Simpkin. He had real passion for the City and let people know what he really felt.

Joe_Fox

Babylon

Dunc said:
my thoughts exactly.... i'm bored of this whole argument now. Next.

Joe_Fox

Babylon said:
Dunc said:
my thoughts exactly.... i'm bored of this whole argument now. Next.

Nice clothes, often over priced however.

homer237

Shut up, for once will people get behind the current team and stop moaning! It doesnt help when people boo at the end of games either, I wasnt there so i dont know how loud it was by the way.

WATHANfox

Tony Elsby said:
So, the Leicester Mercury says that City fans expressing concern about City diabolical start to the season are talking "nonsense".

Well, when you get free seats and guest status your not going to be biased are you.

But when you cough up a days pay to see decent football and you care about where your heading I don't like being told I talk nonsense especially from an organisation who delivered page after page of claptrap in pre-season about what the Tigers were going to do.

What's worse, the "nonsense" quote is delivered alongside the argument that "four games is too soon to judge".
The Mecury dont bother me but i agree with alot of what you say and if were not going to at least see attractive football then whats the point.Hoofing the ball really is mind numbing to watch and even worse when your not winning.Last season MA expected us to be relegated because we were skint, admin, la manga, etc,but there was one other reason... we were shit and at the minute it looks like same again . I hope it changes soon because i love this club probably a bit more than some of the knobs you get on this site who like to chat to each other about bugger all, not unlike the Mercury:wink:
Four games - its been a season and four games, or couldn't you see from the Press box?.

I don't have any desire to see MA lose his job what I want is for him to recognise what's going wrong, to open his mind to a different and more effective approach and to see City winning again.

Like many, many others, I have expressed an honest opinion about what I think is wrong before, hopefully, it is too late to put it right this season.

What a pity the Leicester Mercury are so busy protecting their favoured position at the City that they don't get a bit more demanding in their reports, a bit more critical of players not performing or not being fit to do their job.

If the Leicester Mercury let City know that they and their fans didn't want and wouldn't put up with second-rate football in a first class City they we, perhaps, would never have had this crisis.

Bring back Laurie Simpkin. He had real passion for the City and let people know what he really felt.

homer

Shut up, for once will people get behind the current team and stop moaning! It doesnt help when people boo at the end of games either, I wasnt there so i dont know how loud it was by the way.

So people have to keep quiet and not complain, regardless of what is happening at the club ?

if you had been there, you would have felt like booing. It was a disgraceful performance, and fans have every right to tell the players, and the manager, what they think

This blind "keep the faith" stuff is a load of shite.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
homer said:

So people have to keep quiet and not complain, regardless of what is happening at the club ?

if you had been there, you would have felt like booing. It was a disgraceful performance, and fans have every right to tell the players, and the manager, what they think

Well said Homey!

Dunc

So is panicking after 4 games. Is your name Rupert Lowe? We've got almost a whole new team, and you expect them to gel into champions after 4 games, 2 of which we were down to 10 men?!

Give it time Homer, if after 10 games we are still looking shite, or even worse still in the bottom half, I will start to panic. Until then, give the new players time to gel together and see what happens.

I know its a bit cliched but Palace were 4th/5th from bottom at Xmas and still got promoted. MA is a good manager, its been 2 weeks since we beat Derby and we were world beaters, now its doom & gloom.

homer

We were truly shite against Derby, Dunc, and very lucky to get away with three points

I'm not panicking after four games - it's four games on top of last season.
And the Watford games was one of the worst performances I've seen in a long, long time.

Dunc

Sheff Utd bad? And weren't we all baying for MON after that? And look what happened

homer

Time to realise that Micky Adams is not Martin O'Neill

And maybe, just maybe, the Sheff Utd protest kicked MON's arse into gear and galvanised the team ?
Prior to MON taking charge we were looking shit hot, don't forget. It was more about the team getting used to MON than anything else

Micky's been here long enough for that not to be an excuse

Redditch Fox

Dunc said:

Give it time Homer, if after 10 games we are still looking shite, or even worse still in the bottom half, I will start to panic. Until then, give the new players time to gel together and see what happens.(quote)

That's fair - we have had only had four games although the team looks anything but promotion material - a reasonable draw in the circs, a lucky win & two defeats against less than quality opposition - worse, the trend is downhill.
The Mercury's coverage is only what you would expect from a tame pet & cannot be treated seriously.

However, we shall see what's what over the next 4 or 5 weeks. Dublin is back, no more injury problems than anyone else - let's see what happens.
Saturday's game is particularly interesting -two teams low on confidence and both need to bounce back. Let's hope it is us because the Brighton fixture will prove nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669