Odd resolution of text

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Hi Jeff

Something very odd here - and it appears so on both my laptop and my main machine so it seems to be a site problem rather than something that is just happening to me.

See Post #73 in the Palace Post=Match thread - a post by give_us_a_wave.

There are three snippets that read:
  • It'sy October
  • We'veer won it
  • There'spoint
I've noticed the second of these and decided to edit it for clarity, BUT in the edit window the snippets read correctly as:
  • It's only October
  • We've never won it
  • There's no point
I then noticed that if I refreshed the post, the offending text at first and only for a moment resolved correctly before returning to the 'error state'. I also notice that the text appears correctly when quoted in the following post by fitz.

Any idea what's happening? I notice that g_u_a_w rarely inserts a space after punctuation; could that be causing the problem?

Hi Jeff

Something very odd here - and it appears so on both my laptop and my main machine so it seems to be a site problem rather than something that is just happening to me.

See Post #73 in the Palace Post=Match thread - a post by give_us_a_wave.

There are three snippets that read:
  • It'sy October
  • We'veer won it
  • There'spoint
I've noticed the second of these and decided to edit it for clarity, BUT in the edit window the snippets read correctly as:
  • It's only October
  • We've never won it
  • There's no point
I then noticed that if I refreshed the post, the offending text at first and only for a moment resolved correctly before returning to the 'error state'. I also notice that the text appears correctly when quoted in the following post by fitz.

Any idea what's happening? I notice that g_u_a_w rarely inserts a space after punctuation; could that be causing the problem?
I have this as well. I assumed he was pissed.

I'm using Chrome on Android.

It looks like it's being caused by Skimlinks. It seems their javascript is sometimes being confused by the lack of a space after a full stop.

For those who don't know what Skimlinks is, it automatically converts some links on the site to ones that can earn me commission. More info here: http://skimlinks.com/
I've just looked at my stats, and TB has only earned £1.64 from Skimlinks so far this year (from East Midlands Trains, on the old site), so I may as well just turn it off.

It seems their javascript is sometimes being confused by the lack of a space after a full stop.

My suspicion was correct then. Wow!

I've just looked at my stats, and TB has only earned £1.64 from Skimlinks so far this year (from East Midlands Trains, on the old site), so I may as well just turn it off.

Good. You should never attempt to make money out of your friends ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757