On This Day.

I don't think anyone would have expected him (or probably any other manager) to have us challenging for a CL spot in his first 2 full seasons.

How quickly he has achieved this is also partly his downfall for some but most realise an exponential rise is not really possible.

I don't think anyone would have expected him (or probably any other manager) to have us challenging for a CL spot in his first 2 full seasons.

How quickly he has achieved this is also partly his downfall for some but most realise an exponential rise is not really possible.
But he’s a nearly man and it’s disgusting that we didn’t win the EL at a canter really cos it’s such an easy tournament to win...
He’s done brilliantly, especially in a time where the pandemic has dented our opportunity to spend heavily.

It’s 5 years today since the Ulloa earthquake against Norwich.
Jesus! Where did that go? I’ve never heard anything like it when that goal went in. Absolutely delirium.

For some reason the goal I really remember from Ulloa was the West Ham penalty. Scenes!
I think the slight difference with that one is that it was a penalty, so it was mad, like many things that season, but not (IMO) like the goal against Norwich.

I think the slight difference with that one is that it was a penalty, so it was mad, like many things that season, but not (IMO) like the goal against Norwich.

Yeah - there's often complete madness inside the stadium when goals are scored for a variety of reasons - but this particular one was complete and utter carnage

Happy days

For some reason the goal I really remember from Ulloa was the West Ham penalty. Scenes!

That one always stands out to me too.

After Vardy's sending off and then West Ham turning the game around, it felt like it could be the dream starting to slip. Then Ulloa stepped up to smash in that penalty with the last kick. I think that was such a huge moment in the title win.

I just looked and that goal saw us move 8 points clear, so don't know why I was so worried at the time - think it was also because we knew Vardy would then miss a couple

And by the way, if we beat Burnley on Weds - we'll be 4 points behind where we were in title winning season having played the same number of games.

That one always stands out to me too.

After Vardy's sending off and then West Ham turning the game around, it felt like it could be the dream starting to slip. Then Ulloa stepped up to smash in that penalty with the last kick. I think that was such a huge moment in the title win.

I just looked and that goal saw us move 8 points clear, so don't know why I was so worried at the time - think it was also because we knew Vardy would then miss a couple
I remember thinking the same and being really concerned that Vardy was out.
Then Ulloa got two the next week as well and we walloped Swansea 4-0, and all was well

That season we played 43 games and we're already at 38 games this season with at least another 13 to play.

That season, the games were over 281 days or an average of 6.53 days per game.

This season from the first game to the Arsenal game has been 168 days. 38 games in that period works out a game every 4.42 days.

Great season though that winning one and I can remember hearing the ground noise from my house when Ulloa scored against Norwich - confused me as the dodgy stream was about 30 seconds behind!!

Didn't work though did it? He ****ed off. They all leave.

Cuddle time please Homeywomeypants.

Didn't work though did it? He ****ed off. They all leave.

Cuddle time please Homeywomeypants.

It did for a bit...he did won shit before fecking off to run a pub team or something. Mad times really.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854