Petition to allow fans to attend matches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

I've signed the attached on the basis that I cannot find any evidence that should prevent those that want to attend matches to do so in a safe way. Other countries have been doing this for a while without any detrimental effects.

The rules as they stand are extraordinarily stupid. I agree that stadiums shouldn't be full. I agree that people at higher risk or who live with people at higher risk would probably want to stay away. However, clubs are going bust for no good reason. Stadiums are perfectly capable of hosting limited numbers of supporters.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

I've signed the attached on the basis that I cannot find any evidence that should prevent those that want to attend matches to do so in a safe way. Other countries have been doing this for a while without any detrimental effects.

The rules as they stand are extraordinarily stupid. I agree that stadiums shouldn't be full. I agree that people at higher risk or who live with people at higher risk would probably want to stay away. However, clubs are going bust for no good reason. Stadiums are perfectly capable of hosting limited numbers of supporters.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036
Having witnessed over the last six months the aptitude the British public collectively possesses for adhering to any social distancing measures, supermarket one way systems, and basic standards of human decency, I conclude that if this happens, the probability of it being a success is somewhere between zero and nought.

See also: https://talkingballs.uk/threads/fa-cup-2020-21.40281/#post-1390934

Don't care enough

Anything that relies on the common sense of the general public is a bad idea.

Seems like 50% of people aren't even capable of covering their nose with a mask. So expecting them to follow rules and keep strict distance in stadiums seems extremely unlikely.

Anything that relies on the common sense of the general public is a bad idea.

Seems like 50% of people aren't even capable of covering their nose with a mask. So expecting them to follow rules and keep strict distance in stadiums seems extremely unlikely.

This

That useless scruffy looking **** that runs the Government has relied on the British public using their common sense and look where it's gotten us.

Clearly there isn't too much common sense knocking about when we've allowed Borris ****ing Johnson to get into number 10.

Country is full of ****witted morons.

This

That useless scruffy looking **** that runs the Government has relied on the British public using their common sense and look where it's gotten us.

Clearly there isn't too much common sense knocking about when we've allowed Borris ****ing Johnson to get into number 10.

It certainly is.

Unfortunately, there's a certain breed of football fan that is so utterly ****ing dimwitted, that they can't be trusted to find their own seat number every week without being shepherded there by a steward (despite the fact it's the same bastard seat week in, week out). There's another breed so inept at being able to control themselves that they **** over their fellow fans to get their plastic pre-poured pint and shit burger 5 minutes before anyone else. Then there is the one that thinks any kind of rules in a football stadium should be banned as they're for pussies.

Allowing people into football grounds would be a sure fire way to spread the virus quickly and broadly. The general public are, at best, incompetent and at worst, ****ing imbeciles.

This

It's Boris.

As a football supporter, this is just the right thing for me. I'm up for it. This Is The Future. Bring it on.
I can't wait - where do I sign?

NO!
"Fans have also been asked to adhere to a strict code of conduct which includes no singing, shouting or loud cheering." :icon lol:

£49 a head

How stupid are these clubs? If they want to show the absurdity of the situation, charge a nominal fee and show it (socially distanced) in every lounge, box or restaurant the club has. Make sure fans stick to the rules and social distancing and other measures are adhered to.

Then have a day where potentially every premier league match has 1,000+ spectators in the ground, but not watching the game live and show how stupid it is. Call it 'Boxed-Off' or 'Screened-Out' or whatever and use the might of the PL to get fans back into stadiums in such a way that it's safe and provides a modicum of hope to lower league teams that in many cases, are community hubs in risk of disappearing.

How stupid are these clubs? If they want to show the absurdity of the situation, charge a nominal fee and show it (socially distanced) in every lounge, box or restaurant the club has. Make sure fans stick to the rules and social distancing and other measures are adhered to.

Then have a day where potentially every premier league match has 1,000+ spectators in the ground, but not watching the game live and show how stupid it is. Call it 'Boxed-Off' or 'Screened-Out' or whatever and use the might of the PL to get fans back into stadiums in such a way that it's safe and provides a modicum of hope to lower league teams that in many cases, are community hubs in risk of disappearing.
I would also say that I think this government, and pretty much everyone in my lifetime, has looked down on football fans as a class or group of people that cannot be trusted and who must be treated with suspicion and the lowest levels of freedom possible. Clubs have enforced ridiculous restrictions to go along with this - taking bottle tops of your coke, removing banners and flags, police filming away fans doing nothing more than enjoying a game of football.

Meanwhile Boris and co used to destroy restaurants for a laugh and throw money behind them as they walked out.

The degree at which those running this country are out of touch with those living in it is frightening. And those who have never been involved in or followed football, cannot understand the value it brings to communities and society in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757