Player Ratings vs Blunts (Sheff U)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sheffield_fox said:
Keep the ratings coming in chaps and chapesses. I will announce the results probably tomorrow afternoon.

Sorry for being awkward Shefffox - it's just that I have to distinguish between performaces.

Pressman 6
Makin 7
Stewart 7.5
Dabizas 7
Keown 9
Scowcroft 8
Wilcox 8.5 :shock: :shock: :shock:
Williams 7
Nalis 7.5
Dublin 7
Connolly 6

Subs:
Tiatto 6
Blake 2

Pressman 7 - Don't feel as comfortable as i do with Walker in goal, but not bad for a big bloke

Makin 8 - Very composed, looks like a quality full back
Keown 8 - Brilliant, he is our leader at the back
Dabizas 6 - Not a terrible game, made a couple of good blocks
Stewart 9 - What was was up with him!!! Play like this every week!

Scowcroft 9 - Best midfielder by far, took his goal brilliantly, worked so hard, passed well, and chased everything
Nalis 6 - Bit subdued, came more into the game in the second half
Williams 6 - Some nice touches, but out the game for a lot of the time
Wilcox 8 - Great game, good finish, worked really well with Stewart

Connolly 5 - Sorry but i am yet to see why Adams paid 500k for him, yes he runs a lot and chases, but he is so easily knocked off the ball, and from what i have seen he cant finish that well!!
Dublin 5 - Can't he head a ball? (he did 1 good header when he set up Scowy!) Some neat touches but he is better than this

Subs:

Tiatto 5 - Came on and got booked!
Blake 2 - Why didn't he put Big Trev on, he is stronger and from what i have seen a far better player!

Pressman 7

Makin 7
Keown 8
Dabizas 6
Stewart 7.5

Wilcox 7
Williams 7
Nalis 9
Scowy 8

Dublin 7
Connolly 7

Tiatto 6
Blake 5

DurhamFox said:
Obviously Im the only one who thought Blake put himself about a bit when he came on. Certainly his best performance so far IMO.

you are having a laugh mate, yeah he ran abit but what did he do with the ball?? **** all!!!

Pressman 7.5
Makin 8
Keown 8.5
Dabizas 7.5
Stewart 7

Wilcox 7
Williams 7
Nalis 8
Scowcroft 8

Dublin 7.5
Connolly 6.5

Tiatto 5
Blake 0

pressman 8
stewart 6
dabizas 7
keown 8
makin 8
wilcox 8
williams 7
nalis 9
scowcroft 7
dublin 7
connolly 6

i don't think tiatto or blake had long enough to get a rating

pressman 6 - Good until the end - but then that's when he was tested!
stewart 8 - More like it, much more like it...
dabizas 7 - Mmmm....at times the jury's out..
keown 9 - Colossal.
makin 8 - Impressive.
wilcox 8 - Incredible...what the hell went on there?
williams 8 - OK i thought, composed on the ball...
nalis 8 - Oh lord, Lillian....
scowcroft 9 - Under rated on most forums, superb last night.
dublin 6 - Still waiting for him to get going.
connolly 6 - See above.

Tiatto - 5 - I do love the little rat, but he will get many cards
Blake - -1 - Oh do go away.

Pressman 7
Makin 7
Stewart 9
Dabizas 5
Keown 8
Scowcroft 7
Wilcox 7
Williams 6
Nalis 8
Dublin 7
Connolly 7

Subs:
Tiatto 6
Blake 4

Pressman 6 Did little, but did it ok
Makin 7 A slow start but performed in the second half
Stewart 7 Stayed back and did well
Dabizas 8 Best he has played
Keown 9 Solid as a rock, hope he stays fit
Scowcroft 8 Hate to say it, but he actually tried, and succeeded
Wilcox 7 Lots of effort
Williams 5 Still waiting to see what he can do
Nalis 8 Excellent stuff
Dublin 4 To slow would rather see Tommy Wright play
Connolly 6 Works hard, he needs better service

Subs:
Tiatto 6 Should have been on earlier
Blake 1 Absolute tosser
Adams 5 Crap substitutions, brought blake
on and let the team lose control in the last 15 mins

Pressman - 6 - didn't do anything drastically wrong but I'm still not convinced. He didn't seem to shout for balls a few times, causing defenders up put it out for a corner... I got nervous every time he ran out for a free-kick because he's not exactly pacey running back into goal. I don't like the punching but he didn't seem able to collect any cross/corner that someone was challenging for. His kicking isn't as good as Walker's, but he does pass out to the fullbacks a bit more, with mixed results. His best save was made just after the FT whistle was blown...quite acrobatic actually.

Makin - 7 - solid, broke forward well and seems to have a bit of pace, linked up well with Scowy.

Dabizas - 6 - although he got a goal I still wasn't overly impressed, he gave away too many free kicks and his distribution was at times woeful...on the positive side he seems to work well with Keown.

Keown - 8 - organised our defence well and was very vocal... also got forward and tried to act as a bit of a defensive midfielder when we needed him. Would have been man-of-the-match for me if he hadn't given a sneaky kick to a Utd player on the floor in a crowded box.

Stewart - 9 - my MOTM, great performance from Jordan. His corners and crosses were all good, he was lively down the wing and actually went around players, he tried on goal a few times as well and pulled off a bit of skill. Defensively he was solid and used his pace and strength well to track back and win the ball. A bit of consistency now please Jordan.

Scowcroft - 7 - well taken goal and generally lively all night, won headers but clearly misses Walker aiming for his head. He strung together some nice passes too, not just a hoof-ball player. :wink:

Williams - 5 - anonymous for most of the game really...did nothing wrong but also did nothing right, forgot he was playing.

Nalis - 7 - he ran around the whole time and really got stuck in, seemed eager to please. His distribution was mostly good and he put in a few tackles and won a few headers... He probably should have carried on running and taken a shot when we were on the break in the first half rather than passing it. Marked down for his lucky escape when Utd should have had a penalty when Lilian 'tackled' a player in the box.

Wilcox - 7 - what got into him? a much improved performance, he was lively and quick :shock: did his best to miss the goal but luckily didn't manage. He chased after players and the ball and seemed very keen to impress.

Dublin - 6 - still gets bundled off the ball too easily and clearly can't play the 'big man' to the little/large combo of himself and Connolly that Micky is trying to get him to play...he hardly ever wins headers. In the second half especially though he showed he actually has a bit of pace left, though not enough to shake off three defenders as he tried. Also he got back well to defend.

Connolly - 6 - it's probably a bit harsh to give him a six but he should have scored tonight and he needs to start doing so some time... he was clearly frustrated from the first moments when he missed a chance. Very committed though and kept running and stringing together passes, still suffers from not getting enough service and was often creating attacks rather than completing them.

Subs:

Blake - 1 - did nothing. Should have buried that chance he got even if he was offside. Awful, don't play him again.

Tiatto - 5 - not as much as a revelation in this match as I was expecting, didn't really get much of the ball but put in a lot of running.

Pressman 5
Makin 6
Keown 8
dabizas 7.5
Stewart 8.5
Scowcroft 8
Williams 4
Nalis 8
Connolly 5
Dublin 7

Tiatto 5
Blake 1

Pressman 10
Makin 10
Keown 10
Dabizas 10
Stewart 10
Scowcroft 10
Williams 10
Nalis 10
Connolly 10
Dublin 10

Tiatto 10
Blake 10

For letting Warnock think for a couple of minutes that he would get something out of the game and then crushing him by winning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pressman 6 - Solid but couple of times his speed and reaction was lacking

Makin 7 - Solid as ever.
Keown 8 - Rock at the back.
Dabizas 7 - Scored, was ok, but at fault for their 1st goal
Stewart 7.5 - good dead balls, confident, but still can't defend in a unit. A lot, lot better though.

Scowcroft 8 - Best for...well.....a long time
Nalis 8 - good stuff, stuck in, faded a bit though in the last 15.
Williams 7 - Good for 75 minutes, then disappeared.
Wilcox 7 - Scored, did ok aside from that, still some crap from him though.

Connolly 5 - Lack of confidence at the moment, good link up play in general but needs a goal - DESPERATELY!
Dublin 7 - Won his fair share in the air I thought, good link up play but tired towards the end. Was important in defence against Morgan, until Dabizas got in his way off the throw in.

Subs:

Tiatto 5 - Came on and got booked! Should have come on at 3-0 though as Williams, Nalis, Wilcox were all fading rapidly and getting overrun.
Blake 3 - I can see the reason for the sub, but why it was Blake and not Benj or Wright I don't know. Blake is shite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669