Player Ratings vs Preston (Championship)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pressman 4
Makin 5
Tiatto 7
Dabizas 5
Heath 5
Scowcroft 6
Williams 3
Gudjonsson 6
Dublin 3
Benjamin 8

Connelly 4
Nalis 5
Wright 5

Pressman - 4 - I don't really blame him for the goal, of course he could have done better but accidents like that are always happening in football, and we should have been about 4-0 up at that point anyway. He didn't really have anything to do (besides the obvious).

Makin - 6 - solid defensively, but still can't go forward. I know that's not his job but if we want an attacking fullback why not play someone like Canero? Or change the style of play...

Dabizas - 5 - Usual liability, had a shot cleared off the line and headed high over the bar but it says something when the best things he did were when attacking, is one of the ones most guilty for hoofing it up the pitch.

Heath - 6 - didn't do too badly, I'll always maintain he's the kind of player that just does what he's told..heads out, hoofs up field etc. Still can't pass for toffee.

Wilcox - 6 - bit of an on-off game, occasionally he looked good when he'd make a run down the wing and put a cross in, but I'm not convinced about him defensively and old legs caught up with him as he seemed to disappear towards the end of the game..

Scowcroft - 7 - not a great game, still won more headers than any attacking player and managed a couple of shots (neither on target).. showed again why he's not a winger though.

Williams - 5 - when we were playing well he was playing ok, when we weren't he was awful. I really wish he'd sort his problem out in front of goal, he either dithers with the ball until he's tackled, passes it too late or shoots too late. One bloke behind me upon seeing Nalis being brought out said 'if he doesn't come on for Williams I'm leaving'.

Gudjonsson - 7 - best game I've seen him play for us so far, clearly was unfit before, ran about and put some crosses into the box, was not bundled off the ball anymore, great defensive play on occasions.

Tiatto - 8 - too good for our team at the moment. Tried constantly and was consistent throughout the whole game, had to be everywhere on the pitch where the rest of our players were falling asleep.

Benjamin - 8 - MOTM - we created nothing after he went off, he held the ball up well, got at defenders, should have had a pen, hardly showed any of his previous tendency to fall over a lot, was lively and eager. Loved the little bit of skill he tried to pull off :p bless. He tried and cared, fully deserved the goal and ovation when he went off. Bet you never thought you'd see the day when Trev was our best player.. :D

Dublin - 3 - pitiful... obviously either needs someone beside him to knock down balls or needs to play in defence.. He is not the 'big man' in the little/big combo because he doesn't jump for balls, Trev played that role when he was on but Dublin was lost without someone there providing. Should have been subbed and obviously wanted to be.

Subs:

Connolly - 6 - not too bad considering he wasn't given many balls to his feet... had to venture out into midfield to try and create his own chances as usual. Shouldn't have been subbed.

Nalis - 5 - had one of those games, he'd run half the pitch to stop a ball going out for their throw in, then pass it to their player, not a good environment to come into when the rest of the players were clearly clueless.

Wright - 6 - how can he really be judged on a few minutes? He needs longer out there...was eager as expected and had about the only chance of the second half.

Pressman - 5
Makin - 6
Wilcox - 6
Dabizas - 7
Heath - 7
Scowcroft - 7
Tiatto - 8
Williams - 6
Gudjonsson - 7
Dublin -6
Benjamin -7

Wright - 5
Connolly - 6
Nalis - 5

Pressman - 5
Makin - 6
Dabizas - 5
Heath - 6
Wilcox - 6
Scowcroft - 6
Gudjohnsson - 6
Williams - 5
Tiatto - 7
Benjamin - 7
Dublin - 4

Connolly - 6
Wright - 6
Nalis - 5

Pressman 4
Makin 6
Heath 6
Dabizas 5
Wilcox 6
Scowcroft 6
Williams 3
Gudjonsson 4
Tiatto 7
Tricky Trev 8
Dublin 3

Subs

Nails 5
Wright 6
Connolly 3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pressman 4
Makin 5
Heath 4
Dabizas 5
Wilcox 6
Scowcroft 5
Williams 2
Gudjonsson 2
Tiatto 9
Tricky Trev 7
Dublin 3

Subs