Points Tracker 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thionk to get into the top 4 places will take mid 70's.

The average points required to finish 4th over the last five seasons is 72. I think that there is a chance that it will be fewer this season as the standard of the top sides is lower and I expect them to drop more points to the lower sides. 68-70 could do it.

Rodgers has had 13 games as manager with six wins, four draws and three defeats. Over a season, that's 64 points. He keeps saying that he expects us to get stronger as the season goes on. If this happens, we might get close.

United, spurs and Newcastle coming up. Any reason why we shouldn’t believe we can have at least 5 points from that?
Half expecting 7....

United, spurs and Newcastle coming up. Any reason why we shouldn’t believe we can have at least 5 points from that?
Half expecting 7....
Nope, Man U and Newcastle should be targeted as 6 points, Spurs are at King Power so again, with the right attitude another 3poibts.

Half expecting 7....
I’ll be disappointed with anything less than 7. All three are there for the taking.

Oh my god I want to give Utd a right good hiding

Oh my god I want to give Utd a right good hiding
We actually could as well. I want to see us go and play with swagger. Vardy cupping his ears, Maddison and Ricardo beating people, Tielemans bossing the midfield. I know we can do it, it’s just that frustrating habit that we seem to have against Manchester United of not punishing them for being shit.

Slightly interesting Sunday night facts.

Last five seasons. Who has been on 17 points after 9 matches and where did they end up?

2014/15 - Man City - 2nd (79 points)
2015/16 - West Ham - 7th (62 points)
2017/18 - Bournemouth - 14th (45 points)
2019/20 - City and Chelsea ?

Brendan Rodgers has now been in charge for 19 league matches (half a full season). This has included 7 matches against the 'top six'. His record:

W10 D4 L5 - 34 points. If he keeps this trend going, a total of 68 points would have us finishing is this position over the last five years: 6th, 6th, 7th, 4th, 5th

Please see above the updated points tracker. It's worth noting that at this point in the 2015/16 season we had 16 points having won 4, drawn 4 and lost 1.

We would need more then 81 points to win the league this season, perhaps 90?

81 points would however see us in the Champions League in every one of the last 10 seasons. I also believe we are still in gear 3 of 5 and there is much more to come.

My glass is very full and i firmly believe we can push Liverpool and Man City all the way this season.

Our competitors will be strengthening in January so we will need to as well.

A first choice wide player and a decent substitute for Vardy IMO

Our competitors will be strengthening in January so we will need to as well.

A first choice wide player and a decent substitute for Vardy IMO
The gauntlet has been thrown down to our wide men, let’s see how that goes (although window shopping is always on)
As for sub for Vardy, we’ve been looking without success since he became the main man, January is not the time to buy his sub

Please see above the updated points tracker. It's worth noting that at this point in the 2015/16 season we had 16 points having won 4, drawn 4 and lost 1.

We would need more then 81 points to win the league this season, perhaps 90?

81 points would however see us in the Champions League in every one of the last 10 seasons. I also believe we are still in gear 3 of 5 and there is much more to come.

My glass is very full and i firmly believe we can push Liverpool and Man City all the way this season.
Actually having looked at the fixture list leading up to December you have a point regarding Liverpool and Man City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363